Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Doc says my cervix is anterior...what does that mean?

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 5:37 PM
  • 4 Replies

I had gyno appt this past week....Im at CD 28 right now...and still have EWCM at this point...

but the gyno Dr. mentioned  that my cervix was anterior....what does that mean?

She said that while she was doing the pelvic exam....ugh...

thoughts?

by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
cece0610
by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 12:02 PM

i've been looking it up..&& i havent seen anything say that an anterior cervix is bad..it just means yur cervix is postioned more forward...try googling it and if yur still iffy about  it yu can always call yur doc to get a better understanding :)

Gooberzilla
by Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 12:57 AM

I haven't heard it explained that way, but it may mean you have a tilted uterus.  Basically it means your uterus is tilted the wrong way.  This doesn't make it impossible to get pregnant, however you may try some different positions during sex.  After DTD, try lying on your belly instead of on your back with your legs in the air.  For women with tilted uteruses (uteri?) lying on your back will pool the semen AWAY from your cervix.

keelee76
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Yea that is absolute right. i have a retroverted uterus. which mean it not tilled to the front but to the back. and i have to lay on my stomach after BD so that the soldiers can be closer to the cervix. can cause pain during sex but i don't have that problem, and urine problems. (don't got that either)  but its completely normal.

getsy
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 6:15 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)