Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

April Fools backfired

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 11:20 AM
  • 25 Replies
5 moms liked this

So yesterday I took a pregnancy test to play an April Fools joke on my husband...

No big deal, I've been taking one just to be sure once or twice a month since we ended birth control in November.

Welll.... imagine my surprise- TWO PINK LINES!!!

I'm still in shock. But 4 tests later, I'm thinking it's for real.

I have an appointment with my regular Doctor Wednesday evening so I will know for sure. BUT YAY!!!

Now to tell our 3 yr old he is FINALLY going to be a big brother-  he's going to be so excited!! I know they say to wait until your 1st trimester is over to share the news, but when did you tell? We told my mom and his parents- who were all pretty excited except his mom who sat there with a blank look on her face until we left.

I had a period March 4-7 and we think we conceived March 8-9 (?) which puts me at 5wks- due last week in November-ish.

So until we share the news with everyone, I had to share with someone. We are so excited!

by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GypsiSky
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 11:22 AM
Awesome April Fools prank on yourself!!!
Congratulations... Hugs!
colbys_mom
I told when I found out. It was weird the day I found out my mom came to me and asked if I was pregnant. I hadn't told anyone at that point except my bf. Who told no one. So I told her yes. It wasn't a fun time....and were currently ttc and my dad calls me and asks if I'm pregnant. Its weird...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jennrn79
Congrats!!! I was close to twelve weeks when I told my three year old. But I had just had a early mc the month before so I was scared.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs_Szontagh
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 11:36 AM
4 moms liked this

Thanks Ladies! We are very excited- our 3 yr old asks every single day if there is a baby in Mommy's tummy. Breaks my heart not to share our excitement with him, but he is pretty young and wouldn't understand- or stop asking when the baby will be here!! We are pretty early in the pregnancy so it's going to be a while, guess I will hold off a while longer =) AH!!

We have decided how we're going to tell family... we got our son a shirt made that says
"SHHHH! I don't know I'm going to be a BIG BROTHER!"
And the plan is have him wear it when we go home for Easter =)

Mommyof2114
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Awesome congrats! We told our son right away when we were pregnant
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
weberbaby
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Congrats!!  I told my daughter when I started showing.  I think it helped her understand more so see the change and not have to wait for it.  For both our pregnancies, we told our parents and siblings in the first trimester.  We waited to tell friends until the 2nd trimester.

nikkifam5
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2012 at 2:31 PM
You can go to babycenter.com and get your EDD :) congrats! That's a pretty awsome surprise!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
egrzesik91
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2012 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

You would be due much later than the end of November. If you had just had you period March 4th-7th, you wouldn't ovulate 2-3 days after. You must have used a sensitive test and probably conceived March 19th-21st. You would be barely 4 weeks today (3 weeks 5 days) and your EDD is December 9th.

Congrats! 

Beautifulmom513
by Member on Apr. 2, 2012 at 2:58 PM

congrats! I found out I was pregnant 2 weeks ago. just had my ultrasound today and found out I conceived a lot later then I thought. I thought I was 10 wks.  but I am only 5 wks. we already told our son. we weren't planning to. but he overheard me talking on the phone to a friend telling her I was pregnant. when I got off he asked if I was pregnant. I had to tell him the truth and that yes I am. he was so happy and excited. right now only a few very close friends know and my mom and sisters. my husband's family doesn't know yet. but my husband plans on telling them soon. we are trying to wait till we get thru the 1st trimester. but its so hard. we are so excited. but we gonna try and wait a little bit longer.

wantinababygirl
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2012 at 3:41 PM

This is soo funny but an awesome surprise!!! Good luck to you & your family!!! We told everybody right after I found out. I couldn't hold it in, LOL!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN