Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

If so, how many mg a day do you take and where did you buy it?  I have seen it on Amazon but was wondering if Walmart carried it since they have a lot of herbs/vitamins in their pharmacy section.  AF is on her way and I would like to start taking it at the beginning of my next cycle.  Thanks!

by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 4:33 PM
Replies (11-20):
GwenMB
by Gwen on Apr. 4, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Quoting RedheadMama18:

Ok thanks!  How long have you been taking it?  Have you  had any side effects from it?

Quoting GwenMB:

I take 240 mg of Vitex (its in a supplement called PRegnancy Prep that I get from my naturopath).  No idea if WalMart carries it.

I think I started it 1.5 yrs ago.  I haven't taken it the last few months due to the testing my RE was doing (a few cycles where I wasn't going to get pregnant so didn't 'waste' the pills).  I forgot at the beginning of this cycle, too, so I may just not take it anymore since my cycle now seems fine.  I haven't experienced any side effects.

RedheadMama18
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 11:31 PM

I ordered 400 mg capsules.  I'm just going to take one a day.  I hope it helps.  

Quoting Amiehart62:

If you O on your own don't take the 1200mg dose it may mess up your cycles. I used it because I didn't O on my own. I took it for three months and finally Oed and fell pregnant. I hope vitex works for you. it's slow working and takes a few months to work usually. GL

Amiehart62
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2012 at 11:47 PM
I bet it will....it's also suppose to reduce the chance of mc in the first trimester(some studies have shown) its suppose to be a great regulating herb! I hope it has a positive effect on your cycle.

Quoting RedheadMama18:

Quoting Amiehart62:

If you O on your own don't take the 1200mg dose it may mess up your cycles. I used it because I didn't O on my own. I took it for three months and finally Oed and fell pregnant. I hope vitex works for you. it's slow working and takes a few months to work usually. GL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RedheadMama18
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Thank you!  I just ordered some off Amazon because I couldn't find it at Walmart or Walgreens.

Quoting Amiehart62:

I bet it will....it's also suppose to reduce the chance of mc in the first trimester(some studies have shown) its suppose to be a great regulating herb! I hope it has a positive effect on your cycle.

Quoting RedheadMama18:

Quoting Amiehart62:

jessiesgirl88
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 11:50 PM
i got some from a friend who didnt need it because she had gotten pregnant im not sure what the mg is on them but theyre vitex and b6 blend called femaprin she got them off amazon so far it hasnt helped me but ive been taking it a little over a month im taking it to try to regulate my cycles but who knows it may help ill have to wait and see
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amiehart62
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2012 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I had to get mine at gnc. It was $8. Hoping you see those two pink lines soon!! FX

Quoting RedheadMama18:

Thank you!  I just ordered some off Amazon because I couldn't find it at Walmart or Walgreens.

Quoting Amiehart62:

Quoting RedheadMama18:

Quoting Amiehart62:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AidensMommyy
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Walmart or target doesnt have vitex, if you have a whole foods by you thats the best place to get it its actually the liquid gel caps :) 

RedheadMama18
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I ordered it off Amazon for $4!

Quoting AidensMommyy:

Walmart or target doesnt have vitex, if you have a whole foods by you thats the best place to get it its actually the liquid gel caps :) 

pryn4amiracle
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Can you take vitex with other prenatals? If I have regular cycles could it still help in conceiving or would it mess up my cycles?

Quoting GwenMB:

I take 240 mg of Vitex (its in a supplement called PRegnancy Prep that I get from my naturopath).  No idea if WalMart carries it.

RedheadMama18
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Yes you can take it with your prenatal.  I am on 9dpo and so far having a normal cycle and mine were regular before I started it.  I ovulated on CD12.  

Quoting pryn4amiracle:

Can you take vitex with other prenatals? If I have regular cycles could it still help in conceiving or would it mess up my cycles?

Quoting GwenMB:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN