Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If so, how many mg a day do you take and where did you buy it?  I have seen it on Amazon but was wondering if Walmart carried it since they have a lot of herbs/vitamins in their pharmacy section.  AF is on her way and I would like to start taking it at the beginning of my next cycle.  Thanks!

by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 4:33 PM
Replies (21-27):
pryn4amiracle
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Thank you. And what dosage are you taking? Are you having any side effects?

Quoting RedheadMama18:

Yes you can take it with your prenatal.  I am on 9dpo and so far having a normal cycle and mine were regular before I started it.  I ovulated on CD12.  

Quoting pryn4amiracle:

Can you take vitex with other prenatals? If I have regular cycles could it still help in conceiving or would it mess up my cycles?

Quoting GwenMB:

I take 240 mg of Vitex (its in a supplement called PRegnancy Prep that I get from my naturopath).  No idea if WalMart carries it.

RedheadMama18
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:09 PM

I take one 400 mg capsule every morning.  No side effects.  I really like it.  I tried soy isoflavones before and the side effects from that were horrible so I was nervous.  

Quoting pryn4amiracle:

Quoting RedheadMama18:

Yes you can take it with your prenatal.  I am on 9dpo and so far having a normal cycle and mine were regular before I started it.  I ovulated on CD12.  

Quoting pryn4amiracle:

Can you take vitex with other prenatals? If I have regular cycles could it still help in conceiving or would it mess up my cycles?

Quoting GwenMB:

I take 240 mg of Vitex (its in a supplement called PRegnancy Prep that I get from my naturopath).  No idea if WalMart carries it.

pryn4amiracle
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:51 PM

I was thinking about iso too, but I've read that can mess up your cycle, so I decided not to try it. I think I'm gonna gry vitex though. I just hope it won't mess with my cycle. Are your cycles regular?

Quoting RedheadMama18:

I take one 400 mg capsule every morning.  No side effects.  I really like it.  I tried soy isoflavones before and the side effects from that were horrible so I was nervous.  

Quoting pryn4amiracle:

Quoting RedheadMama18:

Quoting pryn4amiracle:

Quoting GwenMB:

RedheadMama18
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:05 AM
Well right now I'm not sure what is going on but it looks like Af is coming 4-5 days early and my cycles were regular. I don't know if this has to do with Vitex or not.

Quoting pryn4amiracle:

I was thinking about iso too, but I've read that can mess up your cycle, so I decided not to try it. I think I'm gonna gry vitex though. I just hope it won't mess with my cycle. Are your cycles regular?

Quoting RedheadMama18:

Quoting pryn4amiracle:

Quoting RedheadMama18:

Quoting pryn4amiracle:

Quoting GwenMB:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pryn4amiracle
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:07 AM

I'm sorry. I hope she won't show though! Is there a lower dosage of vitex or is 400 the lowest one?

Quoting RedheadMama18:

Well right now I'm not sure what is going on but it looks like Af is coming 4-5 days early and my cycles were regular. I don't know if this has to do with Vitex or not.

Quoting pryn4amiracle:

Quoting RedheadMama18:

Quoting pryn4amiracle:

Quoting RedheadMama18:

Quoting pryn4amiracle:

Quoting GwenMB:

RedheadMama18
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:19 AM
Heavier spotting this morning so she will be here. I'm not sure about the dosage. You could probably look online to see if there is anything. I just went to Amazon.

Quoting pryn4amiracle:

I'm sorry. I hope she won't show though! Is there a lower dosage of vitex or is 400 the lowest one?

Quoting RedheadMama18:

Quoting pryn4amiracle:

Quoting RedheadMama18:

Quoting pryn4amiracle:

Quoting RedheadMama18:

Quoting pryn4amiracle:

Quoting GwenMB:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pryn4amiracle
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Thanks, and I'm really sorry you're getting AF. I just got it this morning, and my BBT dropped big time, so I'm def. out this cycle. I just feel numb right now...~sigh~

Big hugs for you!! Our time will come, we just have to wait a little longer :) 

Quoting RedheadMama18:

Heavier spotting this morning so she will be here. I'm not sure about the dosage. You could probably look online to see if there is anything. I just went to Amazon.

Quoting pryn4amiracle:

Quoting RedheadMama18:

Quoting pryn4amiracle:

Quoting RedheadMama18:

Quoting pryn4amiracle:

Quoting RedheadMama18:

Quoting pryn4amiracle:

Quoting GwenMB:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured