Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Questions--please read before using the "C" Word bc of pict

Posted by   + Show Post

Sorry I seem to have been asking alot of questions lately, but all of you seem to help me reasonize things better. Thank you all for that. But my question is is have any of you had this dark of a pregnacy test (see below--I've never had the pregnancy line that dark!) and still bled and obviously not a successful pregnancy?

Info that i have had in previous posts: I started my period march 21st. Came early at 31 days for that cycle when my cycles have been about 37 days long. Saw my doctor (who is actually just a midwife--but does all of my normal checkups and paps and so on) last wednesday and had my pap and yearly checks. spotted between wednesday and thursday. The on sunday april 1st started spotting and have had light-normal period bleeding since then. I called my doctors office yesterday and they said to keep track of the bleeding amount and color and all of that along with how long it was lasting and if it got heavier to go in. The nurse also told me to take a pregnancy test this moring to cover all grounds. I took the pregnancy test and got a positive. and kind of freaked out so I took another test. and sure enough that one came back positive also. Also last night I started having some cramping/pressure on my lower abdomen on the left side around to the left side of my back.

So, right away at 8:05 when our clinic opens I called to see if I could get in right away this morning with Dr. F (the doctor in ob/gyn that I see with complications). and I got in right away at 9:15. they had me pee in a cup--which obviously that test came back positive too. Because the doctor walks into the room and says CONGRATULATIONS! OH HOW EXCITING..... (yeah..you don't tell this to someone who is freaking out now because they have been bleeding that long, and have had a previous miscarriage. and he was the one who did my follow-up/ultrasound and so on on my miscarriage. So he asks a couple questions and I explain the bleeding and all of that and he does the ultrasound. Says there is a cyst on my left side where he thinks my pain is and Says well.. there is not anything in the uterus right now so it could be ectopic pregnancy, chemical pregnancy, early pregnancy or another miscarriage. So go down and have your hcg levels drawn in the lab and come back next wednesday....for another check up, ultrasound and blood work...

So idk what is going on and wont until next wednesday. My husband and I have been trying for another baby for over a year. I don't want to get excited until I know everything is okay, which Im always at the stage that I am thinking the absolute worse

first off..who leads people on ohh congratuations...and then oh just come back next week. It frustrated me. But anyways. Have any of you had some similar story to this and it ended in a successful pregnancy? Any advice or stories will be greatly welcomed. Good or bad as i am leaning more towards the bad side of it all.

by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Replies (31-38):
KRE1234
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 10:39 AM

I'm doing my best to stay calm. its hard at times, but I have enough to do to keep my mind for the most part off of everything that is going on. I'm sure this is why he said he was going to repeat everything next week. its hard though not knowing what is going on...

Quoting Wantn1more:

I'm pretty sure that many have already said the same thing, but how do you know that this baby isn't going to stick? LOTS of women bleed, sometimes throughout the entirity of their pregnancies. It's obviously too early to see anything on US, so don't let that freak you out. Keep an eye on your betas to see that they're rising appropriately. Don't stress until you have to!!!!!!

Wantn1more
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2012 at 10:45 AM

I know its hard..... I've been through 4 looses too. Your body knows what to do, have faith!

Quoting KRE1234:

I'm doing my best to stay calm. its hard at times, but I have enough to do to keep my mind for the most part off of everything that is going on. I'm sure this is why he said he was going to repeat everything next week. its hard though not knowing what is going on...

Quoting Wantn1more:

I'm pretty sure that many have already said the same thing, but how do you know that this baby isn't going to stick? LOTS of women bleed, sometimes throughout the entirity of their pregnancies. It's obviously too early to see anything on US, so don't let that freak you out. Keep an eye on your betas to see that they're rising appropriately. Don't stress until you have to!!!!!!

To the world you may be but one person, but to one person you may be the whole world!

wantinababygirl
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2012 at 10:46 AM

I know it's hard, but think of it this way, what if your getting stressed out over nothing? That can for sure hurt the baby. Like you said, just stay calm & try not to get to worked up. Keeping busy is a very good idea & keep your faith. I'll keep praying for you hun. Just let it be in Gods hands. Remember, he never puts us in positions that we can't handle. 

Quoting KRE1234:

thank you. and i'm trying to stay calm and do my best to keep my mind off of it until I know what is going on.. and i'm the kind of person that gets frustrated when "not knowing"   I just have to remind myself to stay calm and breathe. I work the next three days, so that will help friday through sunday to fly by. I will know some of what is going on by wednesday I'm praying for the best too...  its just hard

Quoting wantinababygirl:

Ok, I would never say anything to get your hopes up but I just wanted to leet you know that when my husbands ex was preggers with my stepson she bled for like 6 mons & he came out a perfectly healthy 9lb 10oz BIG BOY. I just wanted to tell you that because I don't want you to be upset just yet. Just give it a little time. Good luck hunny!! I really hope this is it for you! 

LMommy11
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I only had spotting one time about 15 weeks into my pregnancy. However, when I had my 1st u/s at about 9 weeks 1 day the doc that I was seeing then said "I can't see anything. You probably had a miscarriage very early on." I went back a week later to an actuall tech at the hospital and she told me "This doc obviously doesn't know what he is doing, because there is your health baby." My first question was is he ok? (I had a feeling from + that he was a boy) Sha said I don't know about HE, but the baby looks normal and you see that little flutter? That's it's heartbeat." 28 weeks later (39w4d) i gave birth to a happy, healthy, perfect baby boy! Now he is a happy 15 month old mess today!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LMommy11
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

This is my little man!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
egrzesik91
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2012 at 10:51 AM

If you are like 4-5 weeks, you most likely won't see anything and that is why the doctor didn't see anything. I am sure it is the cyst that is causing some pain and bleeding and not a miscarriage. 

The cramping/pressure on your lower back in normal in literally any stage of pregnancy.It is ligaments loosening, and the uterus expanding, pushing on your organs and causing general back pain.

I know I say to not worry about it and I know it is hard, but stressing isn't good for the baby. I would find something to keep my mind off of it. I had bleeding (period like heavy) for 3-4 days EVERY month for 3 months when I was pregnant with my daughter. But also know, the risk of early bleeding in a pregnancy can lead to premature labor later on, like I had with my daughter. The reason I probably bled often was due to the placenta trying to detach from the uterine lining multiple times and I started bleeding heavily the day before I had her. I was 14 and scared and I didn't say anything to my parents. The next day I had her.... I was 29 weeks. I still have my daughter today, but the lack of oxygen from the placenta detaching caused her to have setbacks and she needed speech, occupational, and physical therapy and still has OT at 6. She has sensory processing disorder and a possibility of ODD and Asbergers, and she is being tested now for those. I refuse to medicate her though, she is wonderful the way she is.

The point of my long story is that you can go through a pregnancy with bleeding like a period and have issues like my daughter did, you can have minor bleeding now and everything is fine, or you could have bleeding that leads to a miscarriage. Many things are out of your hands as of now and I hope for the best. My daughter defied all odds and her being alive is a miracle. Everything happens for a reason and things happen and couldn't of happened any other way. Good luck!

KRE1234
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Thank you very much for sharing your story! I am hoping that like you said "if you are like 4-5 weeks, you most likely won't see anything and that is why the doctor didn't see anything. I am sure it is the cyst that is bleeding and causing some pain and not a miscarriage"--I am really hopeful. We have been wanting this baby for a long time and miscarriages are completely devistating. I have been really nauseated today and yesterday. I am hoping that that is a good thing and not just from me being nervous. I wish wednesday next week would come faster. Like you said everything happens for a reason.

Quoting egrzesik91:

If you are like 4-5 weeks, you most likely won't see anything and that is why the doctor didn't see anything. I am sure it is the cyst that is causing some pain and bleeding and not a miscarriage. 

The cramping/pressure on your lower back in normal in literally any stage of pregnancy.It is ligaments loosening, and the uterus expanding, pushing on your organs and causing general back pain.

I know I say to not worry about it and I know it is hard, but stressing isn't good for the baby. I would find something to keep my mind off of it. I had bleeding (period like heavy) for 3-4 days EVERY month for 3 months when I was pregnant with my daughter. But also know, the risk of early bleeding in a pregnancy can lead to premature labor later on, like I had with my daughter. The reason I probably bled often was due to the placenta trying to detach from the uterine lining multiple times and I started bleeding heavily the day before I had her. I was 14 and scared and I didn't say anything to my parents. The next day I had her.... I was 29 weeks. I still have my daughter today, but the lack of oxygen from the placenta detaching caused her to have setbacks and she needed speech, occupational, and physical therapy and still has OT at 6. She has sensory processing disorder and a possibility of ODD and Asbergers, and she is being tested now for those. I refuse to medicate her though, she is wonderful the way she is.

The point of my long story is that you can go through a pregnancy with bleeding like a period and have issues like my daughter did, you can have minor bleeding now and everything is fine, or you could have bleeding that leads to a miscarriage. Many things are out of your hands as of now and I hope for the best. My daughter defied all odds and her being alive is a miracle. Everything happens for a reason and things happen and couldn't of happened any other way. Good luck!

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Apr. 5, 2012 at 4:00 PM

I started at 5.5w & ended at 11.5w..........then they wanted me to start P17 progesterone injections until 34 wks just to be safe since my boys were 3 & 4 wks early but I turned them down since my levels were normal by then (my daughter was only 1 wk early)!

Quoting KRE1234:

thank you for your story. I am hopeful that my situation will turn out with a healthy baby. It is very scary. See that is why I thought It would be nice for him to call and give me my hcg level (as he did right away last year) just for a little ease of mind to keep me calm until next week. how far along were you when they put you on the progesterone?

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

With my daughter...........I started spotting light about 4 bmp.........took a HPT on CD28 & it was negative so I though AF had just started early............so then it stops again & so I take another HPT cuz I feel weird & have been spotting for 10 days & sure enough its VERY positive (like yours)...........next day I go in for blood test & my hcg is 590 mIU!

Turns out I had low progesterone (6.5) so I had to use progesterone suppositories til 12 wks to sustain the pregnancy! My daughter is almost 10m old & perfectly healthy! It was a scarey few months in the beginning but she was tough!

Good luck hun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)