Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive
I went to the doctor's for the first time on Wednesday since my loss on 3/2/12. I went back to see the doctor that delivered my dd in 2007. Amongst all the labs I had was hcg just to see what was going on after my loss. Before I miscarried it was down to 25 and four days later I got a negative hpt. My beta from Tuesday came back at 4,390! I had it checked again today and it is 6,147. The nurse said its not doubling the way it should and that I'll probably miscarry again. I had no idea I was preggo again so soon after my loss. We didn't even bd on the day of ovulation which I know it doesn't matter because as long as its close to the date you can still get preggo but I felt irresponsible!! So now I am still sad over my recent loss and already preparing for another. This wonderful doctor was more than willing to run any test necessary which is great but I feel so sad. I've only known for two days but happiness was lurking in there somewhere along with the worry. I feel so careless :(
I'm just waiting on the results of my progesterone & all the labs for clotting disorders to come back to see if I have answers as to why I miscarry. I feel like the floor has been pulled out from under me.

***I had an u/s today and I got to see the sac and a tiny bitty bean in there. I thought I was around 5 weeks but the tech said I was so early that the machine wouldn't even pick up a range on dates or a heartbeat And that sounded like bs to me. They did more labs for hcg which I will know results on tomorrow. They still think I might miscarry so it's just a waiting game for now. (tmi) I did have some beige/pinkish thick discharge when I got home so now everything I see feels like the start of it. I hate not knowing what's going to happen. I guess we'll just wait and see what my hcg is doing. Don't see the doctor until 4/30 so for now I not so patiently wait***
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 2:29 PM
Replies (31-40):
Cassondra09
by Member on Apr. 5, 2012 at 7:22 PM
I have a bicotnate uterus 2 they are in a heart shape they found mine when I was pregnant with my dd! I never bleed at all but found out at my first ultrasound that I had 2 uterus

Quoting Kelly_Ann:

Well I have a bicornate uterus and they.found mine because I kept bleeding during my current pregnancy. But I believe they can do ultrasounds and there is a very specific one they can do... I don't know what its.called but they were going to test me for a clotting disorder because of how bad its been but I have one son. Where my pregnancy was pretty uneventful then miscarriages then this crazy fucked up mess of a pregnancy.. definitely worth looking into

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Apr. 5, 2012 at 7:29 PM

extremely oddly high........

Quoting lovemyhoney19:

It's high for 4 weeks and some days?

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

I am so sorry you have to go through this again :( with an HCG level that high at only 4-4.5 wks I would suspect there is an issue though surely...how unfair....are you sure you miscarried on March 2nd??? Those numbers would be healthily consistant for someone around 6-9 wks which is what you would have been had you not miscarried last month!!!

I hope w/e happens you get some answers so you can have a successful pregnancy in the near future hun! I have experienced losses & I know how hard it can be, how much you feel as though its your fault when it happens more then once :( Just try to move forward, take steps to ensure it wont happen again if it can be prevented!!! My thoughts & prayers go out to you hun!

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Apr. 5, 2012 at 7:44 PM

BTW-- an HCG level of 6,000 would indicate you are somewhere between 6 & 8 weeks!!! Unless its twins or a molar pregnancy!

lovemyhoney19
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2012 at 9:40 PM
The nurse told me that it's not doubling enough. She wanted it to be higher!

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

BTW-- an HCG level of 6,000 would indicate you are somewhere between 6 & 8 weeks!!! Unless its twins or a molar pregnancy!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemyhoney19
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2012 at 9:41 PM
Thank you all for your words of encouragement!!!! I wish you all the best :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starshine-bela
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 9:46 PM

That's rough, I'm so sorry :(

RaynesMommy07
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 10:08 PM
I wouldn't lose hope just yet. FX for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lydiangray
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 10:18 PM
I'm so sorry you had to deal with a woman like that. How would she feel if she was treated that way? I'll be praying you hear good news. I'm not an expert, but your numbers being "too low" just doesn't sound right. Sending sticky bean dust your way!
Firemanswife723
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I look forward to your update!! I agree with many pp's, get that u/s soon!! and get another opinion! Things are not adding up. Lots of luck and SBD your way!!!! FX and you're in my thoughts and prayers!!

trying85
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I woudnt think bad thoughts until it has actually happened. Enjoy it even though i no it may b hard but u never no wat might happen. I wish u the BEST & hope u have a H & H 9 months :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)