Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Weight Gain

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:27 AM
  • 3 Replies

Hey ladies,

Has anyone ever gained weight AFTER they were off BC?  I was on the Nuva ring for a few years on & off, and since I got off it in august/september I swear I have put on weight so fast. I also was on Topomax (lowest dose) in aug-oct for severe headahces I was getting from stress from planning my wedding, and I came off that in sept/oct. and someone told me that when you come off topomax it will slowly make you put on weight. I dunno but I havent changed my diet or eating habits and I was living with my husband for 2 years before we got married so that shouldnt of changed it. But I am the heaviest I ever was (except while preg) and it just kinda came on me quick, and its reallllly got me down. 

by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
krystyneh
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:30 AM
Well I stopped mine due to horrible side effects lol my friend was on it and gained weight then gained like 30 more pounds after stopping it then for pregnant within 6 months afterwards. I lost weight while on it and I've been off for a few weeks and I personally keep losing weight. Each person is different and each body type is different but there are a lot of girls/women that do end up gaining weight while on it and after they have stopped it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dragonfly10811
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Thank you! I am glad I'm not the only one.  I was afraid that something else was wrong with me.

EthansMomma2010
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:05 AM

yah me too. i was bc for 1.5 years after ds. the last 4 months of that was nuva ring. i've gained 10 lbs in the 4 months since i stopped it!!! i dont know whats causing it, but it is weird. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)