Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

HPV

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:57 PM
  • 13 Replies

about a week and a half ago I went and had my physical. 

Early this week I got a letter saying that I tested negative for chlamydia. That's no surprise. What was a surprise tho, was the call I got from my doctor . When I got off work I called her back. Turns out my pap came back abnormal. I have HPV. She wasnt really suprised since in December I had a pelvic infection from my   I was too shocked to ask any questions. she informed me that she had referred me to a Gynecologist, and they woud be calling me to set up and appointmet. Really scary stuff because SO and I are trying to concieve!

so my question is, do any other ladies here have hpv? what has been your expierence? treatment? have you been able to have children?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy.Erica
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:07 PM

i was toldd I had hpv back in Oct. To be honest I had the most painful biopsy.... ): they put me on antioxidants and strong vitamins to make t go away cause it was in the first stages. I actually gotten pregnant 3 months later Im guessing the vitamins I was on helped my body to get pregnant cause I couldnt before.  I am now 13w5d. I read on so many websites that it can make you infertile. My doctor told me that was not true... and it obv isnt lol (: But depending on what kind you have.. it can go away with healthy eating and such. 

momx1ttc
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Quoting Mommy.Erica:

i was toldd I had hpv back in Oct. To be honest I had the most painful biopsy.... ): they put me on antioxidants and strong vitamins to make t go away cause it was in the first stages. I actually gotten pregnant 3 months later Im guessing the vitamins I was on helped my body to get pregnant cause I couldnt before.  I am now 13w5d. I read on so many websites that it can make you infertile. My doctor told me that was not true... and it obv isnt lol (: But depending on what kind you have.. it can go away with healthy eating and such. 

do they do a biopsy on every one??

Mommy.Erica
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Im not sure. I know they did mine to make sure it wasnt cancer. 

mommy10811
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this
i also had a biopsy cuz mine was cancer but i was lucky it went away theres not much treatment unless it warts it goes away on its own and there is a hpv shot u should get its three shot get one then 3 months another then 6 months another one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lip.lock
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:20 PM
i havent had it so i cant help too much. but my friends also came back abnormal and she had to have a biopsy also.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mz.juice23
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I've had HPV for 6yrs. I've had 2 kids on it. There's over 40 different types and I have more than 2. Some people are born with it which i was. I had a "conization" to remove a cone shaped peice of my cervix that had cervical cancer cella back in 2008 shortly after having my 3rd child and I've had normal paps since. I've had the gardisol series too :) go get the shots. GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momx1ttc
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:37 PM

thanks ladies. im deff going to get the shots now, and my daughter will get them when she is older

amber37
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 8:03 PM
2 moms liked this

I have had HPV and it isn't pretty but go to your appointments and get a second opinion. and run more tests. I had hpv for eight years and I just had a pap the second of April and it isn't there anymore. It is gone. I got pregnant with my youngest some while I still had hpv and had some trouble with preterm labor throughout the second and third trimester. So be careful but it is possible. My son ended up only being born three weeks early. Good luck with you and baby dust your way.  

lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I had an abnormal pap when I was 17... they did a biopsy and it came back negative. Those jerks told me I had hpv and cervial cancer before any testing.
Wait till you get a biopsy before you freak out. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2bsoon2012
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:09 PM
I was told I had hpv but once I got my biopsy done it showed that I actually didn't have it ....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN