Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

I am excited for my HSG test. Update in blue!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:20 AM
  • 10 Replies

Hello, I am more of a lurker and this is my first post. I have secondary infertility and finally went to see my doctor after trying for over a year. As soon as I get AF I will be able to have my HSG test and I have a feeling that is what our problem is since I had two c-sections. I have normal periods so my doctor is not worried about me not ovulating. I hope the test will clean my tubes and we will be able to have another child. :)

So I had the test yesterday. It wasn't that bad and I only had an upset stomach last night and this morning and I did not have any cramps at all! One of my tubes was completely open and the other one took some time for the dye to get through so that one was blocked with something but the dye did unblock it and they are both open!!!! :)

by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahsjoy
by Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Prayers for you!!

jaden123
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:31 PM
Good luck!
Jackie6701
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Thanks Ladies!

nangel4u
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Thats great news....I plan to have this test done next week some time...Im kind of nervous LOL

vcaulkins
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 10:49 PM

oh yay! FX for you! I will be having one done once I start AF

TiffanyCtx
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Yay! Glad they unblocked it and I hope that will help bring your bfp very soon. I've heard lots of women who get pregnant after their HSG. Good luck!

Jellybean82
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:10 AM

That's great news!  I'm about to see an RE and will probably need that test, too.  I have heard of women getting pregnant after an HSG.  Hopefully that's what will happen for you!

Jackie6701
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I hope so! :)

MsWood729
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:01 AM
Just had my HSG done on 4/26... Found out both tubes are open and got the green light from my GYN to just keep testing with my OPK and BD every other day. Good Luck and fingers crossed for you
jcrab28
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Good luck! I am scheduled for this test to be done also but I am very nervous! Is it painful?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)