Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Lauren's Pregnancy Journal - 11w3d

Posted by   + Show Post

This is going to be my outlet during my pregnancy.  I found it so helpful during TTC to have somewhere to put down my thoughts. I am beyond grateful that, for once, my TTC journey was a short one.  I'm currently pregnant with baby #3 and praying that this one sticks!

A little info about me:

Me - Lauren (27)

DH - 28

DD - Soon to be 6

DS - Soon to be 3

Angel baby - lost 2/29/2008

Baby #3 - Due 12/21/12.  Heart rate of 130 @ 7w.  Heart rate of 165 @ 11w3d.

I'll be updating in the replies as often as I feel like I want to, but hopefully at least once a week until Christmas! 

by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:59 AM
Replies (11-20):
purvislets
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Thank you!

Quoting kelli1973124:

congrats!!!!

purvislets
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Thanks Jess!  =)

Quoting AmesGirl:

Im so happy, Lauren!

AmesGirl
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 8:49 PM
Im on teamGirl btw

Quoting purvislets:

Thanks Jess!  =)

Quoting AmesGirl:

Im so happy, Lauren!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purvislets
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 8:56 PM
3 moms liked this

I was sitting on my bed this morning working on my cross stitch project and watching Inception when the pregnancy mood swings hit.  I have seen this particular movie many, many times (it's one of my favorites and I still don't have it all the way figured out just yet!) but it has never been a real "emotional" kind of movie.  I won't spoil anything in case someone here hasn't seen it yet, but towards the end there is an airport scene.  For some reason, as they are getting off the plane, I burst into tears and just start bawling.  I didn't even make it to the end of the movie. I had to shut it off!  I'm not a big cry-during-a-movie kind of girl anyway, but I still can't figure out what made me cry especially in this action packed kind of movie.  These hormones are already taking over!

We told our two kids as well as my parents and inlaws yesterday about our special Christmas present.  I'll probably post in more detail about it tomorrow, but everything went very very well.  They are all praying for this little bean to stick and have been sworn to secrecy outside of the family.  I'll have to let a few of my close friends know what's going on but other than that we are keeping it under wraps for at least a few more weeks. 

My daughter is already begging me for a sister.  I have been explaining to her all day that while I know she really wants a sister that Mommy and Daddy don't get to choose.  I asked her if God ever made a mistake or did something wrong.  She said no.  So I said "Then, if God decides to give us a little boy baby instead of a little girl baby, would that be a mistake?" and she said "No, but He should still give me a sister!"  LOL  I'm secretly hoping for another girl as well, but I will honestly be thrilled no matter what once I get to hold this little one in my arms. 

purvislets
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL Me too!  I'd love another little girl.  I want to buy all the pretty bows and dresses!

Quoting AmesGirl:

Im on teamGirl btw

Quoting purvislets:

Thanks Jess!  =)

Quoting AmesGirl:

Im so happy, Lauren!

purvislets
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

4 weeks 6 days

I had a great first appointment on Friday.  I had to take DS with me but he was very well behaved considering that we were there for almost an hour and a half.  The first stop was with the financial department who tried to tell me that my out of pocket expenses for this pregnancy would be $2880.  I knew that couldn't be right because my individual maximum deductible is only $3000 and I'd already had a heart check done earlier this year.  So I called DH and had him check on it.  Turns out I only have $600 left before I meet my deductible and there is enough in our health fund to cover that, then we have a $500 out of pocket maximum.  So I'll only have to pay $500 instead of $2880 which makes me very happy!

I filled out all the necessary paperwork, updated all the information about this pregnancy so far as well as my previous pregnancies and then had an exam. The Dr said everything looks good so far. 

I'm scheduled for my first ultrasound on the morning of May 4th.  It works out so perfect because DD has that day off from school so she's going to go with us to see her new baby brother/sister for the first time.  My mother is going to keep DS for us since he's too young to really understand. 

I should be 6 weeks 4 days the day of my ultrasound.  It's a little nerve wracking because that's when we lost a baby 4 years ago.  I know I'll feel much more relaxed once I can see that little heart beating away. 

jenn827205
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Congratulations, and I enjoyed reading about your journey so far and look forward to continuing to follow it! 

Kachetes
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Quoting purvislets:

4 weeks 6 days

I had a great first appointment on Friday.  I had to take DS with me but he was very well behaved considering that we were there for almost an hour and a half.  The first stop was with the financial department who tried to tell me that my out of pocket expenses for this pregnancy would be $2880.  I knew that couldn't be right because my individual maximum deductible is only $3000 and I'd already had a heart check done earlier this year.  So I called DH and had him check on it.  Turns out I only have $600 left before I meet my deductible and there is enough in our health fund to cover that, then we have a $500 out of pocket maximum.  So I'll only have to pay $500 instead of $2880 which makes me very happy!

I filled out all the necessary paperwork, updated all the information about this pregnancy so far as well as my previous pregnancies and then had an exam. The Dr said everything looks good so far. 

I'm scheduled for my first ultrasound on the morning of May 4th.  It works out so perfect because DD has that day off from school so she's going to go with us to see her new baby brother/sister for the first time.  My mother is going to keep DS for us since he's too young to really understand. 

I should be 6 weeks 4 days the day of my ultrasound.  It's a little nerve wracking because that's when we lost a baby 4 years ago.  I know I'll feel much more relaxed once I can see that little heart beating away. 

Let me know how that goes :) !!
Im getting mine done May 2nd @ 8:45 && we cant wait !!!
Im 5 weeks 2 days today .
First Baby

Due In December1
purvislets
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Thank you so much!  =)

Quoting jenn827205:

Congratulations, and I enjoyed reading about your journey so far and look forward to continuing to follow it! 

purvislets
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Will do!  Sometimes I hate that I find out so early when I'm pregnant.  I feel like I'm playing catch up to those women who don't find out until 5 or 6 weeks!  With this baby and with DS I found out before 4 weeks and it's so stressful because so much can happen so early! 

I can't wait to hear about your ultrasound!  Keep me updated!

Quoting Kachetes:

Quoting purvislets:

Let me know how that goes :) !!
Im getting mine done May 2nd @ 8:45 && we cant wait !!!
Im 5 weeks 2 days today .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)