Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lauren's Pregnancy Journal - 11w3d

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:59 AM
  • 32 Replies

This is going to be my outlet during my pregnancy.  I found it so helpful during TTC to have somewhere to put down my thoughts. I am beyond grateful that, for once, my TTC journey was a short one.  I'm currently pregnant with baby #3 and praying that this one sticks!

A little info about me:

Me - Lauren (27)

DH - 28

DD - Soon to be 6

DS - Soon to be 3

Angel baby - lost 2/29/2008

Baby #3 - Due 12/21/12.  Heart rate of 130 @ 7w.  Heart rate of 165 @ 11w3d.

I'll be updating in the replies as often as I feel like I want to, but hopefully at least once a week until Christmas! 

by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
purvislets
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 8:09 AM

4 weeks

My tiny Christmas baby is the size of a poppy seed this week.  Such a small thing to be making me so uncomfortable already! 

Since getting my BFP on Friday (and since at least a week before then) I've definitely  not been feeling like my normal self.  My symptoms so far are:  bloating (especially after eating or drinking), round ligament pain, sore back muscle on the right side, slight nausea, tender breasts, tiredness, and crankiness. Everything seems to get on my nerves!  My poor husband and children LOL 

Right now I'm waiting for my doctor's office to open up so I can get my first prenatal appointment scheduled.  I forgot that they closed early on Friday so by the time I called them it was too late.  I'm hoping to get in this week for that appointment and then go back in a couple weeks for my first ultrasound.  My doctor's office usually does the first ultrasound around 7 weeks or so.  I'll feel so much better once I can see that little heart flickering! 

I'm doing my very best to stay calm and not stress out about this pregnancy.  There is always going to be that fear in the back of my mind that I could miscarry again, but I'm going to try to not let those fears take over.  I didn't enjoy my pregnancy with my son because I was so scared of losing him the entire time.  This will probably be our last baby and I want to enjoy every single minute of this pregnancy. 

purvislets
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Just got off the phone with my doctor's office.  My first appointment is this Friday at 8:30.  Looks like I'll be taking DS with me, but I'm crossing my fingers that he'll behave at the office.  The visit should take about an hour and a half.  I'm pretty sure they'll go ahead and schedule me for my early ultrasound sometime towards the beginning of May!

Kachetes
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Im glad to know were also together in here Lol .
Im getting blood work today & wont get my results until tommorow !
How excitingg hehe , but according to my lmp im due 12/21/12 :)
Around the same time as you !
First Baby

Due In December1
purvislets
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:19 PM

I know!!  It's so exciting!  =)

I don't even think I'm getting blood work done on Friday.  Is it strange that I've been through this three times and can't remember?  LOL  I know they'll confirm it with a urine test and do a pelvic exam, but I can't remember if they send me off for blood checks or not.  Huh.  Guess I'll see on Friday!

I can't wait for December to get here!

Quoting Kachetes:

Im glad to know were also together in here Lol .
Im getting blood work today & wont get my results until tommorow !
How excitingg hehe , but according to my lmp im due 12/21/12 :)
Around the same time as you !

purvislets
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 8:33 AM

...and so it begins!

I woke up at 6am having to pee.  DH was in our bathroom already getting ready for work so I had to walk across the house to the kids bathroom.  I had already gotten up once at midnight to pee and had gone before going to bed.  Sheesh!

Then, after getting DD ready for school I was going to go back to sleep.  But I was too hungry.  So I had breakfast.  Now I'm wide awake and DS should be up at any time. 

Definitely going to need a nap by the end of the day!!  LOL

Lizyari
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Is sooo exciting, reading your pregnancy story!!! I'll be praying for you both, your pregnancy will be very healthy!!! Have faith mommy because your new little one is God's gift and He is HUGE!!!! Just relax and enjoy your pregnancy :) Sending lots of blessings your way*****
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purvislets
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you so much!!  I am hugely excited and deeply grateful for this blessing.  My God is so awesome!  I'm doing my best to relax, let go, and know that He is in control.  It's sometimes difficult.  I found myself trying not to get too attached because I've had an early loss in the past, but I've let those feelings go.  This baby is here, now, and that's the  most important and precious thing to me. 

I appreciate the prayers and the blessings!  I'm sending many your way as well!  =)

Quoting Lizyari:

Is sooo exciting, reading your pregnancy story!!! I'll be praying for you both, your pregnancy will be very healthy!!! Have faith mommy because your new little one is God's gift and He is HUGE!!!! Just relax and enjoy your pregnancy :) Sending lots of blessings your way*****

purvislets
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this

A friend on FB put up a link today to a blog I have never read -- The Pregnancy Companion.  I'm going through the posts now and really loving them. 

This particular image on the site spoke to me this morning.  I hope it speaks to someone else too.

kelli1973124
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 8:01 PM

congrats!!!!

AmesGirl
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 8:03 PM
Im so happy, Lauren!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured