Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

How do you feel about breast feeding????

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:29 AM
  • 121 Replies
Hello ladies!

So I have asked a few of my friends/ co- workers who have kids about breast feeding. It seems as though almost all of them are against breast feeding except for a couple. They think it's weird or it would feel funny. I personally think its better then formula and I breast feed both of my daughters . So just a ? for all the ladies. Would or have you breast feed before?
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
loramartin418
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:30 AM

i have and when we have another one i will again hopefully longer and better now that i know what i am doing lol my sister didnt and she was the only person around me who had babies when i had dd i struggled and ended up pumping and feeding but eventually i got it down pack

MRS.GONZALES15
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Best thing my son got really ill just at 2 days old n had to. Be put in feedthe hospital cuz of rsv I breast feed him n the doctor told me its a good thing u did u saved ur child's life because if u would have given him formula he would not have made it now my son is a strong healthy 6 year old kid
Mom2bsoon2012
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:40 AM
Quoting loramartin418:

i have and when we have another one i will again hopefully longer and better now that i know what i am doing lol my sister didnt and she was the only person around me who had babies when i had dd i struggled and ended up pumping and feeding but eventually i got it down pack

I actually breast feed my first daughter for about 7mons and pumped until she was 1 and the 2nd one until she was 2 yrs old. It was hard the first time but trust me the second time will be much easier.I plan on breast feeding again and it's cheaper than formula....lol :)
TTC2Long
by Gina on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this
There are SO many benefits to bf and the longer the better! Ds is 22 months and still bf. I plan to bf him to 2 years, then let him self wean, hopefully by 3. I'll bf all my kids to 2 years, minimum. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephanieB2
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:15 AM
2 moms liked this
I breastfed my daughter till she was a year. Could have and probably should have gone longer. I definitely plan to bf the next one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1amazingfamily
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:23 AM

yes, i did both of mine for the first month.  after 6 weeks i seem to dry up over night did with both of my children.  So i just bf as long as I can and pump inbetween trying to safe as much as I can and then we switch to formula.  

Oliviasmom72
by Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:33 AM

I nursed both of my kids for 4 or 5 months. I had to go back to work and pumping just did not work out in the long run. I cannot imagine not even attempting it. Formula is not better for babies and women that say it is most are too lazy to breastfeed or even attempt it. That is a ridiculius statement. Breast is best.

DreaminofCupcak
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:35 AM

I BF the kids I can and Pump for those who can't nurse (My 23 weeker who is Mic-key fed) I hope this time I can as well. And no I have no problem nursing my kids in public either.

TTC2Long
by Gina on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:05 AM
1 mom liked this
6 weeks is a growth spurt. You likely didn't dry up, the babies were probably just trying to nurse a ton to increase your supply, which is normal and good. Just sayin for future babies. :) There is an awesome bf moms group on cm if you're interested with tons of solid info and support as you go.

Quoting 1amazingfamily:

yes, i did both of mine for the first month.  after 6 weeks i seem to dry up over night did with both of my children.  So i just bf as long as I can and pump inbetween trying to safe as much as I can and then we switch to formula.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsParsons11
by Nicole on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:11 AM
I havent nursed but I want to when ever ee have childre.. Breast is best. Y else do u have boobs and milk glands?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)