Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

How do you feel about breast feeding????

Posted by   + Show Post
Hello ladies!

So I have asked a few of my friends/ co- workers who have kids about breast feeding. It seems as though almost all of them are against breast feeding except for a couple. They think it's weird or it would feel funny. I personally think its better then formula and I breast feed both of my daughters . So just a ? for all the ladies. Would or have you breast feed before?
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:29 AM
Replies (21-30):
KRE1234
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:29 AM

I plan to breastfeed my next whenever (it) decides to come. when I had my daughter i was young and in school so I didn't even attempt breastfeeding, but I wasn't around breastfeeding until about a year after her anyways as my sister breastfed, but otherwise I didn't know anyone really who breastfed. I will be trying now! some people I know have difficulty but as long as you try it is always beneficial!

RaynesMommy07
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM
I loved bf'ing. I don't make a lot of milk due to a breast reduction I had when I was younger, but I make enough for the babies to get the nutrients they need. So I supplement with formula. Bf'ing though, IMO, nothing compares to that bond.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RochelleFS
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:31 AM
All of mine were bf. This next will be also. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fenderkw
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I did not breastfeed either of my children for many reasons. I personally feel that rather then judge one another for our own personal decisions we should just support one another. We are all mothers doing the best we can and doing what we feel is best for us and our families! :)

EthansMomma2010
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:57 AM

i gave up way to early because i just wasnt sure how to NIP and didnt have a good LC and a lot of other reasons. i feel its best for baby but i dont think you're a horrible mom if you FF. i pla to bF the next baby for a year now that i'm more educated on how to do it. 

Shonejrsmommy
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:00 AM
I bf both my son and daughter to 18mnths a piece and plan on bfing this baby when he/she comes out for as long as possible as well
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elleknight
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Breast feeding not only saves the family money, but it is better for the  baby. It gives the baby nutrients and things to help it grow that aren't in formula. I know I will be breast feeding unless I absolutely cannot due to medical reasons.

happymommy1105
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:47 AM
I have before and will try again. I hope I can be successful again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:52 AM

I think breastfeeding is amazing. Its not weird. Its naturally and its what we were maid to do. Honestly there are very few Moms who physically cant. The majority of women are just selfish in the since they find it gross, or they think it will hurt, etc. Honestly I would walk through a burning fire for my child's health. I have yet....and I honestly mean YET meant a child who did just fine on formula. EVERY SINGLE person I know who FF had an issue with the formula. Their child got constipated or had reflux, or was allergic, or this or that. They would have to switch multiple formulas until the found the right one. I felt so bad for their kiddos because I knew Mom could of easily prevented the problem. I nursed my first for 6 mns and switched to formular (I feel awful about that but due to pressure from my Hubby's family I did it) With my second I nursed him until he weaned at 15 mns. My third I nursed until she selfweaned at 18 mns. I think nursing is obviously best. I just think some people for one reason or another find its not for them. It frustraites me a bit just because its something so easy to help our children have a healthy start. But anyway its really to each their own. I think its fantastic that you nurse. Good luck to you and I wish you the best with your next one 

dababiesdreams
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:54 AM
I have nursed all 4 of my children, currently weaning my youngest at 14 months. He's my longest. The other was 3 months or less due to support issues, supply issues and depression.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)