Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trying to concieve after the depo shot.

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:45 AM
  • 16 Replies

Hi my name is Shani and i had only one depo shot 5 months ago. now me and my fiance wanna try for another baby but it seems to be a disappointment each time. Does anyone know any tips i can use thanks.

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kayleesmama13
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:30 AM
No tips, but im also ttc after depo. im going on month 16 of ttc. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pearl12108
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:37 AM
My last round of depo was March 2011...it is supposed to last 3 months each dose.. In June I stopped having my periods for 6 months and then I got pregnant in Feb. 2012, but miscarried on March 19th. Unfortunately, it could take the Depo up to 1 year to 18 months to get completely out of your system...then another 6 months for your period to regulate!! Had I realized what a pain it was I would have never gotten that stupid shot. Just keep trying...there really is nothing you can do but play the waiting game.
Dani1009
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:47 AM
No tips here either. I've been off depo for just over three years. We've been ttc for 26 months, with one miscarriage in July 2010. We have unexplained infertility & so we are planning to try ivf in 2013. Im pretty sure depo caused infertility for us. There's no infertility problems in either of our families, we are healthy & our bodies function perfectly. I don't know what depo did, but it seems irrepairable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trinsmom04
by Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:54 AM
I had been on depo at one point for about 6 months, off of it for a year and very first period/cycle I had after getting off depo, I ended up pregnant. I wouldn't worry too much until a year has gone by as it does take time for the depo to wear off and for your body to get back to normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1amazingfamily
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:08 AM

I agree with the other ladies.  I was on my shot for over a year and after I got off of it, my cycles are COMPLETELY out of wack!  I go from 45-90 day cycles.  

meganmunch91
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:10 AM
My periods were always irregular, so I got on the depo thinking it would help regulate them. Nope, I had a 3 month straight period! So I got off of it after 2 shots and started the pill. Got off the pill in early 2010 and started ttc and no luck yet :( I don't really have any tips, just offering support! Seems like a lot of ladies have had bad experiences with depo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CANDYLC
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:12 AM
I took only one shot in April 2010 and wasn't able to conceive until August 2011. It messed my body up bad. I was put on Provera to help get my cycles straight so I could get pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikkifam5
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:50 AM
Sorry no tip. Just got to wait It out. I had only 2 shots and have been ttc for 17 months :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Oliviasmom72
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Your last shot was only 5 months ago you need to wait it out. It will probably take a few more months for it to leave your system. Not ,uch you can do but wait. Depo is not a good choice for birth control if you want to conceive immed. going off of it. I took depo a long time ago and I got pregnant about a year after my last shot.

TTC1Nicole
by Nicole on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:11 PM

i have been off depo for 19 months now and still havent concieved and still have irregular periods. no tips except i would recommend never getting it again as it has messed up ALOT of women. if i would have known what i know now, i wouldnt have ever gotten on it. Good luck and lots of baby dust to you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)