Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Any ladies have any luck getting a job while pregnant?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:19 PM
  • 8 Replies

I finally have an interview tomorrow! I am almost 24 weeks pregnant & it's really obvious! haha.. The position is for an administrative assistant, so nothing I couldnt do while pregnant.. But worried that..since I have a little less that 4 months before having my baby, they wont even give me a chance.

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sheli.bean
by Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:28 PM
I just got a job two weeks ago at 23 wks. It was completely obvious that I'm pregnant, but somehow she didn't notice. She asked me a couple shifts in if I was pregnant lol. Good luck, I hope you get it!
Bundleofjoy
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Ive been wondering how this works too for us pregnant mama's wanting jobs. I really want a job to make my own cash. Im 22 weeks and of course with pregnancy there's limitations and im afraid the employer wont like that too well. Unfortunately I didnt graduate so no assistant for me :-/ Hopefully there's luck for us all. GL ladies on the jobs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittany12110
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Ah, the interview went great..BUT they are scared that where I have to be out for 6 weeks starting in August then it could cause a few problems...we will find out for sure next week though!

Armygirl2299703
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 5:09 AM

I got nothing but denied when I was trying to find work while pregnant. It's a hit or miss. Depends on the company and if you "sell" yourself just right they might be willing to not only hire you but tell you that you'll still have the job for when yuor done with maternity leave. Good luck.

tlbmrf
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 5:11 AM
It is against the law for them to deny you a job only because you are pregnant it is discrimination
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wantn1more
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 8:38 AM
This is true, BUT, she won't have enough time to work the 1250 hours required to earn an FMLA leave so they do NOT have to hold her position. While it may not be the best thing, they're probably looking at it to see if its worth training a nother new person in August when then baby comes.

Quoting tlbmrf:

It is against the law for them to deny you a job only because you are pregnant it is discrimination
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wantn1more
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 8:43 AM
Best of luck with your job search! With my last pregnancy, I started a new job one week after I found out I was pregnant. They gave me a really hard time about it cause they assumed I knew and just didn't want to tell them. They were really nice about (rolling eyes with sarcasm)it especially since I'm a nurse and the job was at an OBGYN's office.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xXxLillithxXx
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 12:32 PM

I had a hard time finding a job. The ones I really wanted I was upfront and honest with and they never called me back. A PP said it is discrimination and illegal...yes it is BUT they don't have to tell you thats why they didn't hire you and of course they won't. Discrimination in the workplace happens all the time since its pretty hard to "prove". Anyways I finally got a little weekend job that gives me just enough money to supplement our bills so I'm happy with that. Plus I'm very uncomfortable and having a hard time doing the work I was used to before. Good luck on your interview!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)