Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sperm Leaks Out

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:51 PM
  • 6 Replies

After sex I was wondering is there anyway to stop the sperm from draining out because it seem to always do. I have tried putting a pillow under me for 20 mins but afterwards it still always find its way out. Its now my 12th cycle day and today my OPK was positive :) test line darker than control line, cant wait to try. But I jus wanna know is there anyway to prevent it or if its normal?

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jdixon12
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Softcups is the only way

smylz7058
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:54 PM
but after about 15-20mins all the sperm is already in the uterus and that's seminal fluid leaking out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purvislets
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:59 PM

This!

You can't ever get every single drop to stay up there because it doesn't have to.  The seminal fluid is the vessel that the sperm uses to get up to the uterus.  From there, your CM takes over.  As long as you are propping your hips for a few minutes then they are getting up there. 

If you want to keep the seminal fluid in as long as possible then you could always use soft cups.

Quoting smylz7058:

but after about 15-20mins all the sperm is already in the uterus and that's seminal fluid leaking out

KRE1234
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with both of these responses!

Quoting purvislets:

This!

You can't ever get every single drop to stay up there because it doesn't have to.  The seminal fluid is the vessel that the sperm uses to get up to the uterus.  From there, your CM takes over.  As long as you are propping your hips for a few minutes then they are getting up there. 

If you want to keep the seminal fluid in as long as possible then you could always use soft cups.

Quoting smylz7058:

LADY_V088
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:12 PM
Stand on your head :P lol i actually did that once and husband laughed hysterically at me, it was super funny :P in all seriousness though i would say just stay laying down for a little bit after bd-ing :) it's not all gonna stay in there but you can give a few more swimmers a chance
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTCbby1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:21 PM

I have the same problem and I hope thats not the reason for me TTC. What dh and I do is BD on a towel, then I will sit up to clean up a little and then go to sleep from there, I know I am saposed to use the bathroom after but if I do after BD it burns really bad (probably irritation) so I dont.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)