Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is 4 years to far apart in age

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:31 PM
  • 21 Replies
So I have been ttc now for 9 months with clomid and 13 months total. So now I'm thinking of taking a break for a few months. To get my mind clear and to lose some weight. I have a 28th month old and do you think a 4 year age difference is to big of a differenece. I really wanted them close in age but I don't see it happening.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom_of_teejay
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:43 PM
my boys are 6 years apart and they get along alot better than my grandsons who are a year apart and fight all the time! my boys are and and 2 and my grandsons are 2 and 3. my 8 year old always thanks god for his brother every time we pray and at church when the preacher ask if any one has any thing on there heart he says I wanna think God for my baby brother! My 2 year old thinks his brother hung the moon! They are always wrestling together. and playing together and of corse they argue and fuss some too! I also grew up with sisters who were 4 and 6 years older than me. when I was small the one thats was 6 years older than me spoiled me rotten while the one four yearsolder tryed to sell me lol now the one thats 4 years older is one of my best friends and they have both always took care of me and watched over me. I wouldnt trade either one. I also have a brother 17 years younger than me and I love him dearly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:44 PM
My son will be four the month after my daughter is born.

Me and my brother are close in age but 9yr plus age gap of me and my 1/2 brothers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jdixon12
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:44 PM

no not at all. I have 5 other siblings and we are all exactly 4yrs apart. The oldest is 32.My kids are about 3 1/2yrs apart so I think its good timing .

StephanieB2
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:05 AM
I sure hope not because my daughter is about to turn 6 in June and we are just now ttc my 2nd (bf's 1st)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HJMF
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:15 AM
I don't think so either. I'm TTC #2 right now and DS will be 4 in a couple weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Well no I dont think 4 yrs is TOO far, however its farther than I'd want, although god knows best! I think 2 yrs is about perfect.

My1st & 2nd are 2y9m apart & it was nice, easy.......my 2nd & 3rd are 17.5m apart & it was chaotic, but I LOVE how close they are.......now if we conceive my 3rd & 4th will be AT LEAST 19m apart (if we conceived this month or later)!

Kylie819
by Sarah on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:24 AM
Nope...but I have a 10-yr-old and am still TTC #2
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlawson803
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 5:03 AM
Nope, my dd will just turn 8 just before this one is due
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pearl12108
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 6:52 AM
I hope not... My sons are 12, 10, and 9... I am recently divorced and with a guy who does not have any kids. We are TTC.
RochelleFS
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 7:01 AM
My youngest is 5 1/2. I just got my bfp 2 days ago so the will be 6 years apart. I would have preferred them closer but I don't think it's a big deal. My son is old enough to be excited and want to "help" w/ a baby. It's too cute!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)