Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

We want to try for a GIRL!

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:22 PM
  • 22 Replies

My husband and I has 2 boys 6yrs and 16 months, We are trying for a girl this time.Now i read everywhere that if you want a girl try having sex towards the end of your ovulation period,  

Is that true?.. I honestly will be happy if its a boy or a girl i will be blessed i would have 3 when most doesnt have any, but I cant shake the fact that I always wanted a girl since my 1st. child. 

by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MasterAtArms
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Not sure, but I'll give you a bump. :-)

Seximama23
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 2:04 PM
2 moms liked this
I heard have sex two days,before ovulation because,male sperm are faster but weaker and female ate slower but live longer, so I makes since if you have sex the two days before ovulation there is a higher chance of concieving a girl. I may.be.wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dj_kern
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Having sex 3 to 4 days before O is suppose to help concieve a girl, having sex 2 days and after you have a better chance of having a boy.  I haveonly read this. I myself want to have a little girl as well and have done so much research. 

Turtledoves
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 2:15 PM
What we did was have sex every day in shallow positions. To help avoid a boy, don't bd on your actual O day, just around it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsWood729
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I've heard that if both of you shower before "getting it in" it helps warm both your body temps up & since boy sperm don't like hot environments it should help.  Just what I've heard.

~*~Holli~*~

Parkers_Mommy8
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Having sex BEFORE you ovulate can boost your chances of having a girl. I have done tons of reading on babycenter. it's very helpful!

This is what it says:

The theory is that sperm bearing Y chromosomes (for boys) move faster but don't live as long as sperm that carry X chromosomes (for girls). So if you want a boy, the Shettles method argues, you should have sex as close as possible to ovulation. If you want a girl, you should have sex two to four days before you ovulate.

MomOf2Boys729
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Thanks Ladies for all your support and advice

Henrysmomma0915
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I have heard the opposite.  Having sex a few days before your ovulation cycle will get you a girl because the sperm that carry two X chromosomes are slower than the ones that carry the Y.  I desperately want a girl as well but we aren't really charting yet or any of that and I'm not trying methods to have a girl.  We have just been having intercourse every other day to ensure there is always live sperm.  Let us know if it works. :)

MomOf2Boys729
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 11:32 AM

I sure will,  

Sara52
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 11:35 AM
Nope your right. My sister used a book called choosing the sex of your baby (only tips on when to have sex and positions that will help get the sex of your choice) and she got her little girl, she sent it my way and i got my little girl so we swear to this book that it works if you follow it.

Quoting Seximama23:

I heard have sex two days,before ovulation because,male sperm are faster but weaker and female ate slower but live longer, so I makes since if you have sex the two days before ovulation there is a higher chance of concieving a girl. I may.be.wrong.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)