Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

When did you start letting people know?

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 9:52 PM
  • 17 Replies

After you found out you were pregnant.  Did you wait till you were in your second trimester?  Or did you tell right away?  My hubby wants to wait till after our first doc appointment.  Kinda like a just to make sure type thing.  He is so funny. He doesn't want to tell anyone because we were on Marina and he heard of the miscarriages than happen after.  So he wants to make sure it "sticks".  lol  He also says he wants to wait to get excited.  TOO Late!  Today he was playing motor boat on my belly and asking me if the baby was full.  lol  I just found out the other day so I'm only like four weeks.  He is just so excited.  This is our third.  I have already told three friends because I had a BAD puking day two days ago.  And he has told one.  But other than that it has been hush hush.  That is hard tho!  So when did you tell people you were pregnant?  Also when did you have your first appointment?  

To answer my own question.  With our first we didn't find out till I was two months.  I also found out at a cook out so everyone knew when I did.  With our second we found out right before Thanksgiving and went ahead and told people that weekend.  Wish us luck!

by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JenMarie87
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 12:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I always tell everyone right away. It's too hard to keep it to myself lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenn827205
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 7:15 AM

I just found out I am pregnant on Thursday.  We did IUI and everyone knew that we did and when I could test.  We were only going to tell our immediate families, but on Friday a lot of people had been asking us and our parents, so we decided to tell the people that knew what was going on.  My dh is still worried that something might happened, so he hasn't told as many people!  Good luck and sticky baby dust to you :)  Congratulations!

jenn827205
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 7:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh, and my first appointment is at 7 weeks.  The fertility clinic wants to do my first ultrasound to make sure everything is ok, then they will send me off to my obgyn :) 

mamabearofgirls
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 8:59 AM
So happy for you as well! I will pray for us both to have a happy stress free pregnancy!
mlawson803
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 9:20 AM
We told at 8weeks. We had already had 3 u/s by then due to previous m/c.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TS9509
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 9:22 AM
I told my step mom the same day we found out. She knew we were ttc and I had talked to her about a lot of things along ttc and she was there for me when I had my m/c bc DH was out of town working but we are hoping this baby sticks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelli1973124
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 8:06 PM

good luck!!!! weel we werent going to tell until 12 weeks scan was done,,,but at 6 weeks it was xmas day!!! and everyone guessed anyway coz i didnt have any wine, was feeling off, big boobs ect lol

lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 8:08 PM
We waited until after the first apt and heard the heartbeat. After 12 weeks the risk od miscariage greatly goes down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabearofgirls
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Its amazing how different everyone is!  I'm so excited to tell everyone and just cant.  I do love that I have told two of my girlfriends so that I have someone to talk to. 

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Apr. 22, 2012 at 9:04 PM

We told ppl right when we found out with our 3 but since I had a really hard high-risk 3rd pregnancy I'll probably wait til around 10 wks to tell ppl other than my mom & husband of course!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN