Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

BD'ing everyday vs. everyother day?

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 11:15 AM
  • 23 Replies

which is better, bd'ing everyday or everyother day? DH has never had a SA done so not sure how many he has. Im getting ready to come up on my fertile week and didnt know if we should bd everyday or every other. We have been bd'ing everyother day with preseed and softcups. thanks an advance! :)

by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RaynesMommy07
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 11:16 AM
3 moms liked this
Every other day is the best. It allows time for the sperm to build back up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC1Nicole
by Nicole on Apr. 22, 2012 at 11:56 AM

thats what i was thinking as well.thank you

TTC2Long
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 12:08 PM
Right. :)

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Every other day is the best. It allows time for the sperm to build back up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 12:09 PM
We do every day. There's many studies I've seen that says every day does not weaken the sperm count but keeps the sperm at its most vital. "saving" sperm means you get a lot of dead sperm right off the bat. We do it every day for the week of O and every other day to every day before and after.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
creoletexan
by Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 12:10 PM
My midwife said every day should be fine, but I'm doing every other day during the fertile week up until I get the surge on my opk tests, then we will go everyday. DH works nights and can't have him too tired on the flight line ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MasterAtArms
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 12:33 PM

We try for every other day, but if we're both in the mood, it's not going to stop us from going two days in a row.

bebe42081
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this
My DF is def aware of my fertile time lol but we don't worry about BD'ing we normally don't go more than 2 days without so we jus BD like we would any time of the month! Sometimes twice a day! I love that TTC hasn't put stress on our BD!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Artillwife01
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 12:52 PM

I also read that every day is the way to go. We bd several times a day when I'm in my fertile window. I also layed with a pillow under my butt for about 15 minutes the last cycle.

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Bedding every other day is better because it gives your Hubby's sperm plenty of time to build up!

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 12:55 PM

This could be your problem. I dont know your story but if you have been doing this for awhile now I would suggest bedding just once. It may be your not letting your DH sperm build up enough. 

Quoting Artillwife01:

I also read that every day is the way to go. We bd several times a day when I'm in my fertile window. I also layed with a pillow under my butt for about 15 minutes the last cycle.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)