Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

2 years 8 months and it was the HSG test that.... UPDATE!!

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 11:16 AM
  • 20 Replies
2 moms liked this

did this???

i had the hsg test on april 2, 2012 dh and i did a little something on the 8th.  After the test i had ewcm for about 5-6 days STRAIGHT  after the test. i was still in pain so when dh and i did it on the 8th it was at the end of me seeing the ewcm but the first day i wasnt having on and off painful cramping. i didnt think anything of doing it because i figured i would ovulate later. the hsg test was done on cd11, which was 8 days after af. af started on 3/22 and ended 3/25, she was normal.

i didnt have a pt done the day of the test but now im worried that if i was the dye will affect this pregnancy. I really want to know if it is possible to have concieved after the hsg test and still get a positive hpt yesterday?

UPDATE:

blood test confirmed my level was 251, so i am going back tomorrow to make sure the numbers are increasing. YEA!!!!!!

by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EthansMomma2010
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 11:22 AM

no idea but here's a bump and congrats if you are :)

spidermansmom
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 11:40 AM

thanks! im pretty sure i am im just trying to figure out when it occurred. my boobs are killing me!

smylz7058
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 12:22 PM
Congrats for one and for two YES its very possible I have heard a hsg may increase fertility as the dye pretty much clears the way for the sperm to get through like a flush I have heard but that abundance of fertile cm may have done the trick your dh swimmers survived for awhile
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frds
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 12:27 PM

congrats!!!

guess it was worth the pain u had during the hsg...

Jellybean82
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Congratulations!

bdyer
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 3:34 PM
Congrats!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nangel4u
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 3:42 PM
Congratulations :-) I plan to get one done next week. Have a H&H 9 months!!!!
feralkitten
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 3:45 PM

congrats there two very nice bfp

spidermansmom
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 5:25 PM

THANK YOU LADIES!!!!

i really want to know is it possible i conceived AFTER the hsg test although the first time after dh and i were intimate was the 8th of april? I am concerned about what damages the dye could cause. So is it possible that i CONCEIVED AFTER THE HSG and still have a positive hpt test yesterday? it seems a little early to test positive for me, if i conceived after so by the timeline im assuming i got preggers right before the exam? does any of this make sense?

pryn4amiracle
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 8:03 PM

The Dr who ordered the test for you should've told you to have abstinence for certain amount of time before the test. I'm not sure if it was 2 days or more, and I don't want to freak you out, but they do want to make sure you're not pregnant when they do the HSG. 

I also don't think it's too early for a BFP since the 8th. If I saw it correctly, you did the test yesterday, the 21st. That would put you 13 DPO if I counted right, and that is about the right time for a BFP :)) So if you had the HSG done on the 2nd, you should be fine :)) Good luck, and have a happy and healthy pregnancy. 

If you want to put your mind at ease, and know for sure, call your dr, and ask him/her about this whole situation. That's what I'd do :)) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)