Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

2 years 8 months and it was the HSG test that.... UPDATE!!

Posted by   + Show Post

did this???

i had the hsg test on april 2, 2012 dh and i did a little something on the 8th.  After the test i had ewcm for about 5-6 days STRAIGHT  after the test. i was still in pain so when dh and i did it on the 8th it was at the end of me seeing the ewcm but the first day i wasnt having on and off painful cramping. i didnt think anything of doing it because i figured i would ovulate later. the hsg test was done on cd11, which was 8 days after af. af started on 3/22 and ended 3/25, she was normal.

i didnt have a pt done the day of the test but now im worried that if i was the dye will affect this pregnancy. I really want to know if it is possible to have concieved after the hsg test and still get a positive hpt yesterday?

UPDATE:

blood test confirmed my level was 251, so i am going back tomorrow to make sure the numbers are increasing. YEA!!!!!!

by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Replies (11-20):
Hannahsjoy
by Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Wow!!! I had my HSG in January and nothing yet!! But Congrats girlie!

spidermansmom
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Quoting pryn4amiracle:

The Dr who ordered the test for you should've told you to have abstinence for certain amount of time before the test. I'm not sure if it was 2 days or more, and I don't want to freak you out, but they do want to make sure you're not pregnant when they do the HSG. 

I also don't think it's too early for a BFP since the 8th. If I saw it correctly, you did the test yesterday, the 21st. That would put you 13 DPO if I counted right, and that is about the right time for a BFP :)) So if you had the HSG done on the 2nd, you should be fine :)) Good luck, and have a happy and healthy pregnancy. 

If you want to put your mind at ease, and know for sure, call your dr, and ask him/her about this whole situation. That's what I'd do :)) 

Thanks for your reply. I left a message for my doctor and I'm sure she will get back to me ASAP since we just started the diagnosis of secondary infertility. Even bigger thanks for the dpo info because I was just like there is no way because it is too early, so thanks for that info. It's still surreal to me and until my doctor confirms with a blood test I'm trying not to be excited.
pryn4amiracle
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 10:08 PM

You are welcome :) Both HPTs look pos to me, so I hope the b/w will confirm :)) Good luck, and keep me posted!! :)

baby dust fingers crossed

Quoting spidermansmom:

Quoting pryn4amiracle:

The Dr who ordered the test for you should've told you to have abstinence for certain amount of time before the test. I'm not sure if it was 2 days or more, and I don't want to freak you out, but they do want to make sure you're not pregnant when they do the HSG. 

I also don't think it's too early for a BFP since the 8th. If I saw it correctly, you did the test yesterday, the 21st. That would put you 13 DPO if I counted right, and that is about the right time for a BFP :)) So if you had the HSG done on the 2nd, you should be fine :)) Good luck, and have a happy and healthy pregnancy. 

If you want to put your mind at ease, and know for sure, call your dr, and ask him/her about this whole situation. That's what I'd do :)) 

Thanks for your reply. I left a message for my doctor and I'm sure she will get back to me ASAP since we just started the diagnosis of secondary infertility. Even bigger thanks for the dpo info because I was just like there is no way because it is too early, so thanks for that info. It's still surreal to me and until my doctor confirms with a blood test I'm trying not to be excited.

vcaulkins
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 10:55 PM

yes! Congrats! One of my friends tried to conceive for a long time and got pregnant the same cycle as her HSG ;)

candicefield
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:49 PM
That is not too early to get a positive if you conceived after the hsg test around the 8th. Your test looks typical for a person who is 13 dpo and pregnant. Good luck. I really think you conceived after the Hsg test.
TTC1990
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:11 PM

That's so awesome hun congratulations question before the HSG did you have EWCM? Just curious

spidermansmom
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Quoting TTC1990:

That's so awesome hun congratulations question before the HSG did you have EWCM? Just curious

nope. Im usually aware of it because its usually alot so its not ignorable (*might not be a real word). but nope. right after the hsg the discharge looked similar to ewcm but had a brownish tinge due to the test and that lasted about 2 days then it turned to clear ewcm.

MsWood729
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:48 AM
Congrats!!! Here's to a Happy Health 9 months to you. I just had my HSG done on 4/26 which was CD10 for me. Hubby and I are doing Bd every other day now and I'm using the Clearblue OPK. Just keeping our fingers crossed, having fun and hoping for the best. Again Congrats to you =)
spidermansmom
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 4:18 PM
Quoting MsWood729:

Congrats!!! Here's to a Happy Health 9 months to you. I just had my HSG done on 4/26 which was CD10 for me. Hubby and I are doing Bd every other day now and I'm using the Clearblue OPK. Just keeping our fingers crossed, having fun and hoping for the best. Again Congrats to you =)

*fingers crossed*
HisB0107
by Billine on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Congrats hun! Glad to see your levels are nice and high! With your numbers at 251, I doubt that you were pregnant when you had the HSG test done. Plus, you had just got done with your period, there is no way you could have ovulated, conceived and had baby implant in that time. This is it girl :) Congrats!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN