Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My BFP was a big fat evap :(

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 7:23 AM
  • 15 Replies
I thought I got a positive on Saturday and retested today and the test today was negative so my positive must have been an evap. I just don't understand how it could have been bc it was the same color has the control line and appeared within the allowed time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 7:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pedsnurse21
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 7:25 AM
I am sorry hun. Hugs. I would retest with a different brand if af doesnt show up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BethRae
by Bethany on Apr. 23, 2012 at 7:26 AM
Do you have a picture? I'm so sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purvislets
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 7:28 AM

It could have been an evap, a faulty test, or (and I hate to even say this) a chemical pregnancy.    Which brand of test where you using?

TS9509
by Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 7:57 AM
I don't know the brand but my DH got it at Walgreens. I use an app on my phone and af was due Friday. I got what I thought was a positive on Saturday. I'm now on cd 34 or 35 with no af and a questionable positive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mattiehatter
by Mary on Apr. 23, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Pink or blue dye? Blue dyes are horrible for evaps.

TS9509
by Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 8:07 AM
Blue. But would it still be an evap since it was blue just faint and appeared almost immediately?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mattiehatter
by Mary on Apr. 23, 2012 at 8:10 AM

It could still be or it could be a chemical pregnancy. Hopefully it becomes clearer soon.

Quoting TS9509:

Blue. But would it still be an evap since it was blue just faint and appeared almost immediately?

aussiechic
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Might be a chemical pregnancy.  I had one back in Jan. AF was almost a week late.  Had 2 positive tests at 12 DPO and 13 DPO.(HCG 20.7 blood draw at dr's office).. and each test thereafter was positive but the line was NOT getting darker. (super faint but positive)...i kept testing and  When the test was negative...it started. :(

Praying this isn't the case for you!  KUP ok?  Get a dollar store test.  WHen i got my positive with an  HCG of 20.7 ( per dr. office blood draw) the dollar store test (1$) , frer, wondfo (pink handle with HCG written on it), EPT digi, Clear blue Digi were all POSITIVE. I was shocked with such a low HCG.

screamykittycat
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 9:52 AM
Evaps are shady lines caused by evaporation of the moisture from the stick. Yours was not an evap. I think that term is thrown around too generously in our group.
Blue dye tests are terrible. I had a false positive from a blue dye test from Walgreens too. I will never use a blue dye again.
Sorry to hear about this. It really sucks to get your hopes up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GwenMB
by Gwen on Apr. 23, 2012 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe today's test was faulty?

With AF being late (do you know for sure when you O'd?) and having what appears to be a BFP & then a BFN, I'd suggest calling your doc & asking for a blood test.  That would eliminate all doubt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured