Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Hello, everyone

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:31 PM
  • 2 Replies

I'm new here, and would like to introduce myself.My name is Jennifer, and I have three children from a previous marriage. I'm joining this group because I know it will be a long ttc journey for me this time, and I'd like to hear from others in the same situation.

I am scheduled to have a tubal ligation reversal surgery within the year, but that is only my first hurdle. I've discovered, through months of temping, checking CP and CM, that the fertility of my early 20s is a thing of the past.

I have not ovulated the past several cycles, and sporadically before that. This is quite a change from my nearly textbook cycles many years ago (my youngest will be 7 soon).

I was met with disappointment again this month when AF arrived with no sign of ovulation on my chart yet again. I'm hoping to work toward a solution before I even have the surgery and we start TTC. I have a feeling I will need some help ovulating, as I really don't know how long I have been having annovulatory cycles.

I look forward to getting to know you ladies. :)

"What is a man, if chief good, and market of his time be but to sleep and feed? A beast, no more."  Hamlet

by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Jellybean82
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:16 PM

My youngest is also 7 and I don't ovulate normally on my own anymore, either.  Thankfully, there are medications which can help.  After your surgery, talk to your doctor and plan on possibly seeing a reproductive endocrinologist. 

lilyasmommy
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Welcome! I do ovulate on my own but Im at 22mth ttc. I have 1dd that turnd 5 in dec from a previous relationship(took a yr to concieve her) but my dh dosent have any children off his own. GL and I agree with the previous post they do have meds to make you ovulate

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)