Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

TTC #1 confused about cycle, possibly preggers?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 3:41 PM
  • 9 Replies
So here's the deal... I usually have a 34 day cycle. I am hypothyroid BUT my periods are pretty regular. Me and my husband have been ttc for 8 months now. I am currently on 100mg levothyroxine. Anywho, my CB digital ovulation was + on day 16 of my cycle, so of course we made love for the next three days to be safe & prayed! On day 24 of my cycle, (8 dpo) I had dark brown spotting for a week not even enough to cover a panty liner and mainly when I wiped with NO cramping! Unusual! So I took a hpt and bfn! Sad! So a week went by and on day 39 (24dpo) I had a slight few second cramping then the spotting came back. I thought it was my period. But it hasn't been like my normal period it has been like the two weeks before with brown discharge and no clots are cramps. Is it possible I could be pregnant or jacked up hormones??!!!
I go to the dr. On the 11th of may to have my thyroid rechecked again. Should I test before then or just not fret over it! I'm really praying for a positive answer and a BFP! Hope I'm not getting my hopes up!

Thanks for replies in advance! :)
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
bebe42081
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this
What CD are u on now? I don't have any helpful advice, sorry! & if u can just not fret, do that!! Not possible for me lol I would be testing every day! Hope this is it for u!! Fx!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purvislets
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 3:46 PM

If you are 24 dpo and you are positive that you ovulated I'd say test again.  It could be that you are pregnant or it could be an issue with your hormones.

Neelyttc1
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Sorry! I am 27dpo today.
bebe42081
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 3:51 PM
Sheesh I would go crazy after 14dpo lol my luteal phase is short so I don't even know what it's like getting that far!! Can u go for a blood test?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Neelyttc1
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 3:54 PM
That's the thing my insurance JUST expired and we are trying to be conservative until his insurance kicks in for me in October. Two spotting weeks is extremely odd for me I'm tempted to test I just hate the let downs, you know what I mean?
pryn4amiracle
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:38 PM

I'd find a free clinic where they do pregnancy tests at no charge. :) Good luck, I hope this is it for ya!!

Quoting Neelyttc1:

That's the thing my insurance JUST expired and we are trying to be conservative until his insurance kicks in for me in October. Two spotting weeks is extremely odd for me I'm tempted to test I just hate the let downs, you know what I mean?

Neelyttc1
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 5:13 PM
Just took a $ tree pt and the result was fbn! Huge letdown!
Guess we will try again next cycle with help from clomid hopefully!
Thanks again y'all!
bebe42081
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 5:48 PM
Aww HUGS! It always really sucks to see those :(

Fx for next cycle though!! Do u have clomid leftover? J/w since u said no insurance :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Neelyttc1
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 6:19 PM
I never had her write me a script cause I was scared I would have twins! Lol.
I would have to buy it outright when she does put me on it. Do you know about how much it would cost me?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)