Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Anyone battle with Husband's with low sex drives?? TMI

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:47 AM
  • 22 Replies

I know some of you are blessed with Husbands willing to bed 2 or 3 times a day...more if you let them. But I want to know how many of you battle with Husbands with no sex drives???

My Hubby and I have been together since I was 14 and he was 17. We got married as soon as I turned 18. Got preggo right after we got married. My whole pregnancy was rough because I was adjusting to married life with raging pregnancy hormones. It was almost immediately my Husband and I began to fight about his lack of sex drive. He never was interested, I always initiated. I felt unwanted, wondered if he didn't love me, or if he was cheating, it was an awful time. It came pretty apparently fairly fast that it was none of the above he just didn't have the urge to have sex like most men. Unfortunately its still an on going battle in our relationship. And I must say its gotten easier after each additional child because I was so tired that sex once a month was acceptable. Well now that my kids are getting older, and I am ready for another, and I am getting my sex drive back, I am battling this issue again. He just never gets interested. I mean I am lucky to have sex once a week. I just wish there was something we could do to increase his sex drive...and trust me there is NOTHING I can do. I have tried all kinds of things to spice it up thinking it was me, but he just doesn't care for sex. I hear women talk about their men masturbating...Umm my Hubby NEVER does this...EVER! I could never use sex as a tool to get what I want LOL. We just dont have it like that. And it does make TTC harder because I cant just say well we will bed all week...He could make it one or two days and then he would be over it. You ladies dont know how often I dream of a day in with my Hubby just laid in bed making love all day long enjoying eachother. It would never happen for me :( Ladies who have men with sex drives, your blessed...you really are!

Anyway so ladies, how do you handle a Hubby with no sex drive? And how does it effect TTC?

by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittani
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:49 AM
My husband has no sex drive he use to. In fact the only.time we have sex if when I'm ovulating to.try to.get pregnant. Its so frustrating. I feel so ugly. Hell find any excuse to not have sex.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsParsons11
by Nicole on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:50 AM
Lord have mercy you're preaching to the choir on that one. I practically have to make him lol .maca root dose seem to be helping though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsParsons11
by Nicole on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:51 AM
O ttc wise it blows dorsnt help at all. Could be a reason why we haven't conceived yet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:51 AM

My Hubby assures me on a regular basis that its not me. He just is tired, or whatever. And he does battle with a lot of health issues. But even before he never had much of a sex drive. I feel for you sweetie.

Quoting brittani:

My husband has no sex drive he use to. In fact the only.time we have sex if when I'm ovulating to.try to.get pregnant. Its so frustrating. I feel so ugly. Hell find any excuse to not have sex.

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:52 AM
1 mom liked this

OMG give me some info on the maca root?? How does it help??

Quoting MrsParsons11:

Lord have mercy you're preaching to the choir on that one. I practically have to make him lol .maca root dose seem to be helping though

MrsParsons11
by Nicole on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:53 AM
I know exactly what your talking about. I feel the same way! Dh and I usually only have sex when I'm oing and after that I feel like I'm ugly or he's not attractive to him anymore (even though I know that's not it)

Quoting brittani:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Yea it took us so long to concieve our second I blammed it on lack of bedding. I think it was a mixture of that and my not ovulating. I guess we are both kinda broken LOL. But it really does make it hard. Basically what I have to do is pinpoint O time and hope he is willing. Because bedding every other day for a week before and a few days after like suggested just AINT happening!

Quoting MrsParsons11:

O ttc wise it blows dorsnt help at all. Could be a reason why we haven't conceived yet

MrsParsons11
by Nicole on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:55 AM
It stimulates ur endocrine system and promotes healthy hormones. Its been claimed to increase ones sex drive. So far its working. He is taking 1000mg a day via pill form

Quoting NoraDun:

OMG give me some info on the maca root?? How does it help??

Quoting MrsParsons11:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:57 AM
Vitamin B12 :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsParsons11
by Nicole on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:59 AM
Tell me about it.. so not happening. I'm lucky if it happens 3 times during fertile period lol

Quoting NoraDun:

Yea it took us so long to concieve our second I blammed it on lack of bedding. I think it was a mixture of that and my not ovulating. I guess we are both kinda broken LOL. But it really does make it hard. Basically what I have to do is pinpoint O time and hope he is willing. Because bedding every other day for a week before and a few days after like suggested just AINT happening!

Quoting MrsParsons11:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)