Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

possible implantation day #3!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:24 AM
  • 8 Replies
Had been cramping very little with brown discharge, thought it was gone but its still here day #3 (9dpo) when will this go away? Is it implantation?? It's light light brown, only see it when I wipe..been veryy tired with headaches and a few backaches recently too..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:26 AM

However, if the egg is fertilized, it will burrow itself into the uterine lining and call it home. When the eggimplants in the lining, it has to make room for itself, and sometimes this means that part of the lining will shed. Since the egg is so small, only a small amount of tissue and blood is lost. Implantation bleeding only occurs in 25 to 30 percent of women; you may not notice anything at all.

The blood you might see is usually light pink or dark brown. These colors signify old blood because it takes a while for it to come out of you. Some people experience brown clots along with blood.

The Length of Implantation Bleeding

Implantation bleeding typically starts 6 to 12 days after the egg has been fertilized. According to theMayo Clinic, this type of bleeding may be or varying duration and is different for everyone. Because it is only spotting, you may notice it off and on for one or two days or for a few hours on a single day, or you may only notice a single spot of blood. Implantation bleeding does not have to last a full day; you may only see one spot on your underwear or on used toilet paper, which is why some women don't even notice.

It's important to keep in mind that implantation bleeding is different for everyone, and you may bleed for more than two days and still be pregnant. However, spotting for more than a couple of days may signify a problem (such as ectopic pregnancy). If you experience spotting that increases or doesn't change, your period may also be on its way. It's always best to check with your doctor if you suspect you are pregnant and you continue to experience spotting or bleeding.

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:28 AM

I would say if your experiencing a constent brown discharge then its more then likely AF trying to start. As you can read in the post above implantation bleeding isn't something that is consistant over a long period of time. Its literally spotting that can occur here or there, over a few days, or just one time. But its not a constant thing!

MeganECox
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:44 AM

I do this before my period. Sometimes it starts over a week before my period is due, other times it starts about 3 days before. 

TTCbby1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:53 AM
It is not constant its only here and there..yesyerday it only happened once at night and its totally gone now so it was pretty much just 2 days
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momeofasweete1
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:14 AM

when is your period due? and how long is your cycle on average? (i'm just trying to help you figure out what's going on, cause it could be implantation bleeding, but it could also be af, it depend on how far away your period is suppose to come and your typical cycle length.

Quoting TTCbby1:

It is not constant its only here and there..yesyerday it only happened once at night and its totally gone now so it was pretty much just 2 days

TTCbby1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:57 PM
AF should be here on the 30. I have about 30 day cycles
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momeofasweete1
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:02 PM

ah, i would just wait and see then, because as of right now, it could be either implantation or af.. time will tell though GL FX!! =)

Quoting TTCbby1:

AF should be here on the 30. I have about 30 day cycles

TTCbby1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:10 PM
I sure hop AF isn't 2 weeks early lolbut thanks :) its gone now..only had it on 7-8dpo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)