• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cervix position question.

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:47 AM
  • 6 Replies
I am 9 dpo. 8dpo i noticed white discharge and today im a little crampy off an on. And i juat checked my cervix and it is very low. I dont even insert a finger all the way tmi and it is hard and closed. What could this mean.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Well that is pretty common before AF. A pregnancy cervix is high closed and soft. That being said most women do not experience a pregnancy cervix immediately following conception. Its typically later into their 5th or 6th week. So just because your cervix is more prepared for AF, doesn't mean your not preggo. Good Luck!

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:51 AM

After ovulation, your cervix will drop lower in your vagina and feel firm, like the tip of your nose. During pregnancy, the cervix will rise a bit and become softer, but the timing of this happening will vary from woman to woman. For some, this will happen shortly before their period is due, but for other, this will not happen until quite a while after their pregnancy has been confirmed.

Due to this variation between women, checking the position of your cervix to determine pregnancy is not a reliable indication of whether or not your are pregnant. More reliable ways to find out if you are pregnant is take a sensitive home pregnancy test or by visiting your doctor for a pregnancy blood test.

This is from babyhopes.com

Loveofmylife07
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:57 AM
Thank u. I had my dd 3/5/12 and of course it was low open and soft. I went high again and now it is back low hard closed. And out of no where i started having discharge. I realuze it is to early but i tested 7 dpo and 8 dpo and of course bfn. I have two tests left so i will be testing in the morning ( 9 dpo) and 10 dpo. If bfn o will wait and see is af arrives the 30th.

Quoting NoraDun:

Well that is pretty common before AF. A pregnancy cervix is high closed and soft. That being said most women do not experience a pregnancy cervix immediately following conception. Its typically later into their 5th or 6th week. So just because your cervix is more prepared for AF, doesn't mean your not preggo. Good Luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:17 AM

OOO wow...your like just past your 6 wks postpartum. I guess you want your kiddos very close together LOL. Good Luck! (Are you nursing?? I ask because if so its  more then likely your fertility wont come back for atleast 6 mns)

Quoting Loveofmylife07:

Thank u. I had my dd 3/5/12 and of course it was low open and soft. I went high again and now it is back low hard closed. And out of no where i started having discharge. I realuze it is to early but i tested 7 dpo and 8 dpo and of course bfn. I have two tests left so i will be testing in the morning ( 9 dpo) and 10 dpo. If bfn o will wait and see is af arrives the 30th.

Quoting NoraDun:

Loveofmylife07
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:13 AM
No i am not nursing.

Quoting NoraDun:

OOO wow...your like just past your 6 wks postpartum. I guess you want your kiddos very close together LOL. Good Luck! (Are you nursing?? I ask because if so its  more then likely your fertility wont come back for atleast 6 mns)

Quoting Loveofmylife07:

Quoting NoraDun:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Awwwww ok. 

Quoting Loveofmylife07:

No i am not nursing.

Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting Loveofmylife07:

Quoting NoraDun:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)