Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stressed, Worried, and Sad

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:21 AM
  • 8 Replies

Well, I had to make a trip to the ER last night. I got good and bad news.

Good news - They saw 2 sacs so it looks like my RE was right about my HCG levels indicating twins. Couldn't see much more than that because I am only 5 weeks.

Bad - The dr's think my gallbladder is infected from a stuck gallstone. I say think because I would not let them do the final test (a gallbladder scan) to see if it was  If they are correct (my blood tests indicate they are), it needs to come out like ASAP. The ER dr says that if the surgery is done this early in pregnancy then there is less risk for complication and miscarriage but I think he was just trying to make me feel better. I am waiting on my OB's office to open so I can speak with a nurse there but I am freaking out.

I am incredibly sick from it (can't keep anything down) and in some serious pain. I don't know what to do.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
junebutterfly
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:41 AM
Well Congrats on the twins how exciting but I'm sorry bout the stones hope your doc gives you good news today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GCSOmom
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:44 AM
It is a LOT easier to do the surgery now. My mon has the same issue when pg with my brother when she was around 20 weeks and they couldn't do the surgery then bc she was too far along.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GwenMB
by Gwen on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:56 AM

I hope your OB is able to reassure you & help you!

krystyneh
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:58 AM
I was the same when I was pregnant with my daughter but I went into premature labor at 7 months along and they were able to stop my labor. The reason why I went into premature labor was due to my gall stones. Take my advice and if they say yes surgery then do it because I suffered 3 LONG months in and out of the hospital due to mine...good luck and congrats on it bring twins :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
afleming102
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:22 AM

I hope you feel better! Yay for twins. Praying for you!

DMSantana1
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Get it out now I knowsomeone who had their gallbladder out while pregnant( she didnt know she was) and eerything turned out fine..I had a gallbladder attack while preg. with ds1 i didnt know it was and ended up have to have my gall bladder out 7 weeks later

momeofasweete1
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:37 PM

i hope your ob gives the okay on being able to take it out asap!! it's not just your life at stake now, it's three lives... praying for you!!

feralkitten
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:02 PM

congrats on the twins i dono what else to say but I'm shore its all gona be ok

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)