Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Still no temp spike...

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:04 AM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

I had a +OPK for 36 hours, having terrible pain in lower abdomen (like ovulation pain).  I had a -OPK this am, but I still didn't have a temp spike. Does that mean I'm not going to ovulate or does it mean I may release the egg today and have my spike tomorrow?  Any help is appreciated. Baby dust to all.

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
supermommy2000
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:02 PM
bump
colbys_mom
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:56 PM

baby dust bump. 

tanzi.farhan
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:09 PM

wait for more days to see what happens then

keelee76
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:11 PM

I hope this helps you. I had a apt last week cause i have the some problem. but without the ovulation pain, i expressed this with my ob/gyn told her about how I have + opks and no temp spike. A she said that you can still o without a temp rise. My last chart i had a slight temp rise but not a big one. If it keeps up ask you doctor i will be curious to what she/he said.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:59 PM

While its considered normal to O within 12-36 hours of a positive opk, we don't always.  GIve it another day or so, hopefully you'll see a temp spike within a few days.

BabyDust77
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:47 PM

I always get a distinctive temp spike, but this month was diff. My monitor had a peak reading, and ff confirmed O (although I still think it was a day later.) Here's my chart.

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:36 PM

That sounds possible

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Most likely means you ovulated today & will see a spike tomorrow..........

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Quoting keelee76:

I hope this helps you. I had a apt last week cause i have the some problem. but without the ovulation pain, i expressed this with my ob/gyn told her about how I have + opks and no temp spike. A she said that you can still o without a temp rise. My last chart i had a slight temp rise but not a big one. If it keeps up ask you doctor i will be curious to what she/he said.

Especially for women with low progesterone issues this is true.........

GBU4U
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:45 AM

I am not sure what to tell you. You might want to call your OBGYN's office and see what they say.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)