Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Weight loss before ttc

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:33 AM
  • 6 Replies
Hey!
How are you guys? This is my first post here.

I had m/c in feb, after d&c my doc asked me to wait for atleast three months. . So may onwards we start ttc again. I am trying to lose weight, my doc asked me to reduce 8 kgs ( abt 18 pounds).. So that it increases my chances of conception.. So should we wait till i lose all the weight or should we be trying while i am trying to lose weight?

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Parkers_Mommy8
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:59 PM

I don't think it could hurt to continue trying while you're loosing weight. i'm doing insanity right now just to try to slim down that way when i do get pregnant i'm not getting huge like i did with my first

tanzi.farhan
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:01 PM

i think if your doc suggested then you should listen to him caz he knows about your body well than a common person...sometimes this is the only reason of not conceiving or M/c

wonderwomanT08
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:02 PM
3 moms liked this
Burn calories with sex!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma2010
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:34 PM

i was doing insantiy but quit because several people suggested it was too intense for ttc. if you arent really trying, just not preventing then an intense workout is fine. but if you are earnestly trying and doing super intense workouts it can work against you. 

Op, getting healthy during or before ttc is always a good idea. you can start slow or go hardcore depending on how fast you want to loose the weight and what you're comfortable with. pm me if you want suggestions. i used to be a huge fitness guru and am just getting back into it 2 years after getting pregnant with my son. 

also when you get pregnant if you are already overweight you dont need to increase your caloric intake. many overweight women who start eating healhty and doing light excercise when they find out they are pregnant either lose weight or gain only a few pounds during their whole pregnancy. eating for 2 is a very misleading slogan and absolutely not necessary. 

Quoting Parkers_Mommy8:

I don't think it could hurt to continue trying while you're loosing weight. i'm doing insanity right now just to try to slim down that way when i do get pregnant i'm not getting huge like i did with my first

Virgo.Mama
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Yes that exactly. I was kinda overweight at the beginning of my last pregnancy. When I found out I was pregnant I ate healthier and only gained 10 lbs my whole pregnancy :) Good luck mama!

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

i was doing insantiy but quit because several people suggested it was too intense for ttc. if you arent really trying, just not preventing then an intense workout is fine. but if you are earnestly trying and doing super intense workouts it can work against you. 

Op, getting healthy during or before ttc is always a good idea. you can start slow or go hardcore depending on how fast you want to loose the weight and what you're comfortable with. pm me if you want suggestions. i used to be a huge fitness guru and am just getting back into it 2 years after getting pregnant with my son. 

also when you get pregnant if you are already overweight you dont need to increase your caloric intake. many overweight women who start eating healhty and doing light excercise when they find out they are pregnant either lose weight or gain only a few pounds during their whole pregnancy. eating for 2 is a very misleading slogan and absolutely not necessary. 

Quoting Parkers_Mommy8:

Ngm82
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Thank you girls. That really helps.. I think i'l focus on losing weight for next two months and then ttc. Thank you for all the support.. Very sweet of u guys! :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)