• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OPK showing positivge again?!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:24 AM
  • 8 Replies

I sort of feel like I shouldn't have even started with OPK's and all that!! While it's been helpful to a point, I don't understand why yesterday and today the test line is appearing again!! I'm on cd28, AF is due next week! (Thought I started yesterday, but no, it wasn't enough spotting to be AF)

No forgive me for asking, I'm sure it's been seen 100 times, but I'm wondering if it could be POSSIBLY detecting pregnancy?? I'm not going to test with an hpt until at least Monday or Tuesday. So until then. Just wondering what y'all ladies think about that..... :) I'm just SO confused!!

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
junebutterfly
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Its possible how many dpo are you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Firemanswife723
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Not a 100% number, but should be 7dpo right now. Only yesterday did it start to appear again. So strange. It was very very light yesterday! Still light light today but darker than yesterday! ugh lol

Quoting junebutterfly:

junebutterfly
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:37 AM
Hmmm not sure that would be really really early to test positive for pregnancy.

Quoting Firemanswife723:

Not a 100% number, but should be 7dpo right now. Only yesterday did it start to appear again. So strange. It was very very light yesterday! Still light light today but darker than yesterday! ugh lol

Quoting junebutterfly:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cuffd
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:42 AM
I think they say 12 dpo you can get a positive pregnancy test .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jdixon12
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Its very possible.opk's test positive when hsg is present in the body.

Good luck

JamieleeB
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:02 PM

It's normal to test postitive on OPK for several days after you ovulate.  I tested positive for 5 days before the line wasn't positive.  It doesn't mean you are pregnant, just that you have a lot of hormone in your system.

mamabirch88
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:15 PM

OPK's can detect the pregnancy hormone as LH and HCG are almost identical. It has been said that OPK's are more sensitive than HPT but I don't know how much truth there is to that. We always have LH in our systems though so it could just be that.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

nikkifam5
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:29 PM
Opk's will mostly always show a 2nd line. But for it to be a BFP it has to be darker or as dark as the control, just like if you were testing for ovulation. I would just take an hpt, much less confussing :)

Quoting Firemanswife723:

Quoting junebutterfly:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)