Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hieghtened sense of smell???

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:34 PM
  • 8 Replies

well, i have a question for everyone... i know that heightened sense of smell can be a very early sign of pregnancy, due to the pregnancy hormone, but i just wanna know if that is what i'm possibly experiencing or not. :

i have an 18 month old daughter, and she still in diapers, well for the past few days, i've been having a hard time changing her "stinky" diapers. (and mind you, i've never had a problem like this before, i used to work in nursing homes changing the elderly's diapers, and bathing them for a training program i was in to become a CNA), but lately, i've been feeling nauseous when it comes to changing my daughter's diaper... =/.. this isn't the only symptom i've experienced or anything.. it's just one that i need to ask about... i remember having a strong sense of smell when i was pregnant with my daughter that i could actually smell mold in someone's house, that it actually made me sick..

anyone ever had this happen to them? i am only 8-9dpo and my period is due next week... anyone??

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
momeofasweete1
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:39 PM

BUMP!

pedsnurse21
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:40 PM
I hope its a good sign cause faint smells have been causing me to get nauseated too. Good luck hun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabirch88
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:41 PM

I am 5 weeks and heightened sense of smell was one of my first symptoms so I would say it is slightly possible. GL and FX for you.

zanana
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:41 PM
maybe you'll get your bfp this month. fingers crossed for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momeofasweete1
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:43 PM

thanx =)... i'm testing this sunday, (because that's the only day i seem to get enough sleep the night before)... hoping to AT LEAST get a faint positive on a test =). FX!

fingers crossed

Quoting pedsnurse21:

I hope its a good sign cause faint smells have been causing me to get nauseated too. Good luck hun.

pedsnurse21
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:52 PM
Good luck hun. I am suppose to test Tuesday but my hubby brought me home 6 first response early detection and a digi. So I may not wait. But I am trying, I am tired of bfns.

Quoting momeofasweete1:

thanx =)... i'm testing this sunday, (because that's the only day i seem to get enough sleep the night before)... hoping to AT LEAST get a faint positive on a test =). FX!

fingers crossed

Quoting pedsnurse21:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momeofasweete1
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:07 PM

yea, i know what you mean..  =).. fx for you on getting your bfp =)

Quoting pedsnurse21:

Good luck hun. I am suppose to test Tuesday but my hubby brought me home 6 first response early detection and a digi. So I may not wait. But I am trying, I am tired of bfns.

Quoting momeofasweete1:

fingers crossed

Quoting pedsnurse21:

feralkitten
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:21 PM

i always have a problems with that and being sick lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)