• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am trying to get PREGNANT!! and its seems to not be working....

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:47 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hi, My name is Mariah Bell-Cragg and I am 21 years old i live in Bethel Alaska.

I've been trying to get pregnant for over 2 months now and its just not happening...me and my significant other try every single day except for when im menstrating...my last period started on the 7th of April and ended on the 11th or 12th. is there a certain time that we try after having a period???

please any tips would help.

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
becs0808
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:58 PM
2 moms liked this

First off welcome to the group! Try not to get too discouraged yet most couples will concieve within the first year of trying, you have something like a 90% chance within the first year. Also trying everyday can actually hurt your chances, you have to give him some time to rebuild his stock of swimmers, the suggestion is that you baby dance (BD) every other night to give hima chance of making some good ones. Typically women ovulate around two weeks after their period starts, but it depends on your cycle. The best advice I can give you is to buy some ovualtion predictor tests also known as OPKS the digital ones are best since you don't have to learn how to read them they just smile at you when you are getting ready to Ovulate. My doctor recommended I start testing around the 10th day of my cycle (first day of your period counting as day number 1) until you get your positive baby dancing everyother day when you get your positive then you bd on that day and the next then skip a night and try one more time. After that we count them as dpo or days past ovulation most women will not get a positive test until around 10dpo and it is suggested that you dont try testing until your period is missed, just in case you get a false negative. Also you can try temping, for this all you need is a thermometer by your bed and some way of charting, you can do this by finding apps for your phone or I personally love fertilityfriend.com to learn more about charting I suggest you pick up the book called taking charge of your fertility you will seriously learn so much from it! Not only does it talk about temperature charting but it also talks about getting to know your body and when it is the most fertile! I hope that some of these suggestions were helpful if you have any other questions please feel free to send me a message I'd be more than willing to help you out! Lots of luck and baby dust to you! :D

BlueMom925
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:11 PM
This is far the best reply I have ever read. Nice job!

Quoting becs0808:

First off welcome to the group! Try not to get too discouraged yet most couples will concieve within the first year of trying, you have something like a 90% chance within the first year. Also trying everyday can actually hurt your chances, you have to give him some time to rebuild his stock of swimmers, the suggestion is that you baby dance (BD) every other night to give hima chance of making some good ones. Typically women ovulate around two weeks after their period starts, but it depends on your cycle. The best advice I can give you is to buy some ovualtion predictor tests also known as OPKS the digital ones are best since you don't have to learn how to read them they just smile at you when you are getting ready to Ovulate. My doctor recommended I start testing around the 10th day of my cycle (first day of your period counting as day number 1) until you get your positive baby dancing everyother day when you get your positive then you bd on that day and the next then skip a night and try one more time. After that we count them as dpo or days past ovulation most women will not get a positive test until around 10dpo and it is suggested that you dont try testing until your period is missed, just in case you get a false negative. Also you can try temping, for this all you need is a thermometer by your bed and some way of charting, you can do this by finding apps for your phone or I personally love fertilityfriend.com to learn more about charting I suggest you pick up the book called taking charge of your fertility you will seriously learn so much from it! Not only does it talk about temperature charting but it also talks about getting to know your body and when it is the most fertile! I hope that some of these suggestions were helpful if you have any other questions please feel free to send me a message I'd be more than willing to help you out! Lots of luck and baby dust to you! :D

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma2010
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:17 PM

could we save the reply as a resource? that would be awesome instead of typing that every time someone asks this question

becs0808
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Thanks after three years of ttc I've learned alot lol

Quoting BlueMom925:

Quoting becs0808:

BabyDust77
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Quoting BlueMom925:

Quoting becs0808:

I agree. Very well said and explained.

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

becs0808
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:38 PM

I wrote this as a seperate post so it will be easier to find for others I called it "New to TTC?"

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

could we save the reply as a resource? that would be awesome instead of typing that every time someone asks this question

EthansMomma2010
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:50 PM

cool thank you! its just such an awesome response.

Quoting becs0808:

I wrote this as a seperate post so it will be easier to find for others I called it "New to TTC?"

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)