Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Come on! (OPK pic in reply)

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:00 PM
  • 13 Replies
First, let me start by saying this is my first cycle off of birth control. I know things can be weird for a while after bc but of course was hoping for things to go back to normal quickly. Before bc I had very regular 29 day cycles.

I am taking temps and using OPK's this cycle. I am on CD20 now and no definite positive OPK and no temp spike. I thought for sure I was going to ovulate last week around CD15-18 I had a little ewcm and was cramping. I also had a few very close OPK's. But no temp spike. Now it's CD20 and I'm getting very close OPK'S again. I just want to ovulate!

This is more of a rant than anything else but if you have some insight, I would love to hear it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StephanieB2
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:01 PM

This is from 11am today. Digital said negative, but I haven't been using it regularly. Does that make it harder for it to detect a surge?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jackieb2811
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:03 PM

I would have guessed you would have ovulated a lot sooner that cd 20! I have irregular cycles that are on average 36 days and I ovulated day 18. Hope for you it gets back on track soon! Good luck!

Seximama23
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:03 PM
From what I have gathered is that if the test line is as dark or.darker than the control its a positive. I dont know.about digitals I dont have opks this is my first cycle charting and.temping
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephanieB2
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:05 PM
I thought I would have too! But, no temp spike. Such a bummer

Quoting StephanieB2:

This is from 11am today. Digital said negative, but I haven't been using it regularly. Does that make it harder for it to detect a surge?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
becs0808
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:06 PM

I'd trust the digital over the ones you try to read. I have ovlated as late as cd25 before and also have irregular cycles so there is still a chance that you are getting ready to O, there is also a chance that your body is still trying to sort itself out after the bc and you might possibly not ovulate this month at all. Fingers crossed that you are just Oing late!

StephanieB2
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:07 PM
I have started cramping again. I hope my body is giving it another shot!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephanieB2
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:26 PM
Do you need to take the digital ones everyday for them to be reliable?

Quoting becs0808:

I'd trust the digital over the ones you try to read. I have ovlated as late as cd25 before and also have irregular cycles so there is still a chance that you are getting ready to O, there is also a chance that your body is still trying to sort itself out after the bc and you might possibly not ovulate this month at all. Fingers crossed that you are just Oing late!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
akushniroff
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:47 PM

You wont' have a temp spike until after the egg is released and you have already ovulated.

StephanieB2
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:02 PM
Yes, I know. But I'm sure it would have happened by now if I O'd last week.

Quoting akushniroff:

You wont' have a temp spike until after the egg is released and you have already ovulated.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
becs0808
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:39 PM

if you miss a day you can miss O but I have gotten a positive without taking it days before

Quoting StephanieB2:

Do you need to take the digital ones everyday for them to be reliable?

Quoting becs0808:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)