Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OPK question....Update with a pic!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:03 PM
  • 10 Replies

sorry to bug you ladies but my cycles have my head spinning. i ordered TCOYF from the library but someone has it ahead of me and i dont have money or time to go buy it right now. 

i took an opk and a preg test this morning because my period only lasted 3 days and was SUPER light. usually 7 days and heavy. the opk looks just like the one right before my positive one looked last month. 2 lines, but the test line a little lighter. ( my pos opk was test line a little darker than control line and that was 3 weeks ago). so is this the start of O already or does an opk always look like this? i would think an opk wouldnt even have two lines the day after AF but maybe i'm wrong? 

Update: took an opk test this morning and the lines are equal. yesterday the test line was lighter than the control. i'm only on CD5! wth is going on?! we Bd'd last night but since i didn t warn DH the night before he had already had a date with his penis that morning so idk how effective it was. :( should we try for sex tonight or wait til tomorrow?

pic is being added to replies. having technical difficulties

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jackieb2811
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:07 PM

I was told some women can ovulate during their cycle. If the line is present means the lh is building up and that is why testing 2 times a day is best because it can change. I started seeing 2 lines at about cd 6 I din't ovulate until cd18 which was accurate and I knew because I was about to shower and I took a test and right away both lines were dark that is a positive opk! Good luck!

EthansMomma2010
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:12 PM

thanks. i told DH i got the start of a pos opk so we should have sex every other night. i really want this to be our month!

Quoting jackieb2811:

I was told some women can ovulate during their cycle. If the line is present means the lh is building up and that is why testing 2 times a day is best because it can change. I started seeing 2 lines at about cd 6 I din't ovulate until cd18 which was accurate and I knew because I was about to shower and I took a test and right away both lines were dark that is a positive opk! Good luck!

jackieb2811
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:43 PM

So do I! I made sure we did it enough during but now I am getting anxious for the 30th and have taken a hpt every morning this week even knowing probably nothing would show this early lol!

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

thanks. i told DH i got the start of a pos opk so we should have sex every other night. i really want this to be our month!

Quoting jackieb2811:

BabyDust77
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Can you post a pic?

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

EthansMomma2010
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:54 PM

i will post tomorrows. i wish i had last cycle's to show you. today's and last cycles are long gone in the trash. lol

Quoting BabyDust77:

Can you post a pic?

EthansMomma2010
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:39 PM

EthansMomma2010
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:15 PM

bump. please help

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:22 PM

You will test in the next 24 hrs or so. Go ahead and bed! 

BabyDust77
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:10 PM

It looks positive to me. Go jump on hubby, lol. G luck and babydust.

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

EthansMomma2010
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:37 PM

this always happens on the worst nights! i have school late on thurs and friday. hoping he makes it home early. will he have enough sperm if he masturbated yesterday morning and we had sex last night? or should i wake him early tomorrow morning?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)