• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Charting and waking up frequently - which temp would you use?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:18 PM
  • 5 Replies

I end up waking up often at night bc it seems like one of my boys is always needing something, or I just can't sleep.  So, I will take my temp when I wake up in the night (usually about 4 am), and then I fall back asleep and take it again at my "normal" temp time at 630 am.  Which temp would you use? 

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
StephanieB2
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:36 PM
I would take it the first time you wake up before moving around. When I first started tempting this month I was taking it when I woke up at 6:30. But, between cats wanting in or out of our room or my boyfriend going to work at 5 am, I realized that my temps were not reliable. So, I started setting my alarm for 3:30 before all that starts going on and before I start tossing and turning to get more reliable temp.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheyAreMyLoves
by Shantelle on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:43 PM

i'm having this problem as well.

I usually end up getting up to pee or from having a hot flash at about 4am..but have an alarm set for 6am to temp.

it's making me question my temps. 

jlha
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:45 PM

I am wondering because I have the CBE fertility monitor (the really expensive one) and it gave me two peak days, then a high, then a low and my temp didn't show a spike until my 2nd low day, and typically you are supposed to ovulate on your second peak day.  All my cm and cp follow what my monitor says, but my temp reads a few days later, so I am thinking my temps are off

junebutterfly
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:29 PM
I'm the same way I wake up 3-5 times a night I haven't started temping but I'd like to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe42081
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:11 PM
Me too! DF gets up at 4 for work & I don't temp till 5:45. It worked until he started waking me up! I jus try not to move at all and if I have to pee I jus hold it lol. But I was wondering if I should set my alarm for 4 anyways to be on the safe side.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)