Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CBFM users i need some help

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:42 PM
  • 15 Replies

so this is my first month using it, and im cd 18, and normally O late in my cycle, around 19 or 21..but it still says low and today ive got a bunch of ewcm, Which normally goes hand and hand with me O'ing soon.

so do you think its messed up since its the first month and doesnt know my cycle, or do you think that i should relax and trust it and probably get a high reading tomorrow morning...?

Ive bd'd yestaurday night and this morning, so just in case..but its almost making me go buy an opk...

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:48 PM

BUMP!

jlha
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:53 PM

first, are you using fmu?  It is super important to use fmu since the monitor doesn't just detect lh, but also estrogen. 

If you are using fmu then I would just give it time.  It is likely you thought you were oing on those days but really weren't.  When I first started using mine (in 2005, lol! for my first son) I oed SIX DAYS AFTER I thought I was oing!  Got pregnant first time using my monitor :o)  GL!!!!!!

fostermomoftwo
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:14 PM

yes its always been fmu

so i should just relax and trust it? I just dont wanna miss the surge..

Quoting jlha:

first, are you using fmu?  It is super important to use fmu since the monitor doesn't just detect lh, but also estrogen. 

If you are using fmu then I would just give it time.  It is likely you thought you were oing on those days but really weren't.  When I first started using mine (in 2005, lol! for my first son) I oed SIX DAYS AFTER I thought I was oing!  Got pregnant first time using my monitor :o)  GL!!!!!!

jlha
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Just keep doing what you are doing!  I know it is so stressful!  If you want, you can order the internet cheapies off amazon - then you can kinda gauge when it's coming by if your test line is getting darker, but sometimes that isn't really accurate.  Mine get almost dark, then dissapear, the come back until they are +, lol, it's so confusing!!

fostermomoftwo
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:33 PM

okay thanks..the line closest to the pee area is very light and the other line is dark. looks the same to me..ya so confusing. this cycle ill just go with it, maybe get some cheapie opks for next cycle.

Quoting jlha:

Just keep doing what you are doing!  I know it is so stressful!  If you want, you can order the internet cheapies off amazon - then you can kinda gauge when it's coming by if your test line is getting darker, but sometimes that isn't really accurate.  Mine get almost dark, then dissapear, the come back until they are +, lol, it's so confusing!!

crafthag
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:46 PM
If its your first month it's still getting to know you. Next cycle (if there is one) will be more accurate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimnzack0517
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:02 PM
My first three months of using the monitor I went threw 20 sticks a month but this month only 10 I'm in my 2ww started today. But with my fist cycle it went from low to peak the next day it skipped over high. But I was thinking because that was my first month off of clomid. So I ovulated early. But its been pretty good after it hits peak around cycle day 16-18. So don't worry if u end up using more sticks then it says this is my fourth month using it and I'm finally using 10 sticks. Best of luck with it.
fostermomoftwo
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:37 AM

true! crossing my fingers and toes that theres not a next month!

Quoting crafthag:

If its your first month it's still getting to know you. Next cycle (if there is one) will be more accurate.

fostermomoftwo
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:39 AM

okay makes me feel better that it is accurate, maybe ill get a peak and it will skip over the low, have to wait and see..i know I O every month after years of opks and charting (with myex dh who had a problem w/his swimmers)

Quoting kimnzack0517:

My first three months of using the monitor I went threw 20 sticks a month but this month only 10 I'm in my 2ww started today. But with my fist cycle it went from low to peak the next day it skipped over high. But I was thinking because that was my first month off of clomid. So I ovulated early. But its been pretty good after it hits peak around cycle day 16-18. So don't worry if u end up using more sticks then it says this is my fourth month using it and I'm finally using 10 sticks. Best of luck with it.

fostermomoftwo
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:58 AM

YAY i got a high reading today! so should i bd everyday? i dont think we can bd everyother day it would drive dh insane!

Quoting jlha:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)