• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many times a day to you OPK?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:06 PM
  • 10 Replies

Does anyone use OPKs more than once a day? Is it worth testing the in the AM and PM, or is an AM reading sufficent for the day? I've only been using them two days, and I don't even know if I will O this month (first month off BCP) but having been on the pill for over 2 years and not ovulating, I have no idea when I'm supposed to, and I'd like to be able to at least chart it to try to predict for next month... but the sticks are expensive! What do you ladies recommend?
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsParsons11
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:18 PM

i recommend testing twice a day with opks. your surg could be short or long. and testing twice a day will insure ou dont miss it. I also suggest ordering from amazon in bulk from framosa medical!  depending on how long your cycle is i would start testing on cd10. i ( have a 31 day cycle) start testin on cd 13-14 and get my pos that day or after. HTH!

jackieb2811
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I would google ovulation calander and enter when you last period was and cycle length and it will show you what days you are likely to ovulate. Then go to amazon and order the bundle package of test strip 50 opks and 20 hpt they are 23 bucks plus shipping which is only a few dollars.

Also your ovulation can change during the day so to test 2 times a day is best. The tests on amazon are the strips you pee in a cup dip it in the cup to the max line for 3 to 5 seconds and lay it flat. They are accurate as that expensive ones!

EthansMomma2010
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:35 PM

so if she gets a pos opk in the morning and her SO isnt home til night would they have missed the window? i'm confused on how testing twice a day will help?

Koukla12905
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:40 PM
Thank you! My last cycle was only 23 days (we just decided to try, so I hadn't been keeping track of any before that, I just knew when AF was due based on which pill I was on in the packet!), so I started testing with the OPKs early. I'll suck it up and do it twice a day and hope I get a result this month!

I didn't know you could order them in bulk from Amazon... I will look into that!
Koukla12905
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:44 PM
Quoting jackieb2811:

I would google ovulation calander and enter when you last period was and cycle length and it will show you what days you are likely to ovulate. Then go to amazon and order the bundle package of test strip 50 opks and 20 hpt they are 23 bucks plus shipping which is only a few dollars.

Also your ovulation can change during the day so to test 2 times a day is best. The tests on amazon are the strips you pee in a cup dip it in the cup to the max line for 3 to 5 seconds and lay it flat. They are accurate as that expensive ones!

I did use one of the calendars, however it asked for my luteal phase length, which I don't know because I haven't ovulated in over 2 years. That's why I'm using the OPK to try to figure it out now, so I can try to use the calendar next month and have some idea of the correct numbers. I need to know when I ovulate so I can figure out when I ovulate... weird ;)
jackieb2811
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:17 PM

http://www.webmd.com/baby/healthtool-ovulation-calculator

Go there and just give your 3 previous period dates and how long your cycle is and it will give you the days you are predicted to ovulate. I used this one and it was accurate for me I started ovulating the 13th and it will give you the predictions of next three months of ovulation!

Or  just start testing cd 1 lol

Quoting Koukla12905:

Quoting jackieb2811:

I did use one of the calendars, however it asked for my luteal phase length, which I don't know because I haven't ovulated in over 2 years. That's why I'm using the OPK to try to figure it out now, so I can try to use the calendar next month and have some idea of the correct numbers. I need to know when I ovulate so I can figure out when I ovulate... weird ;)

LJstrbaby
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:44 PM
Twice a day with cheapie i confirm a maybe with clear blue digital and confirmed only one day with :) fridaay 13th lol...but cheapie line was darker on that day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BabyDust77
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:53 PM

I only test once around 1:30-3:00 pm

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

pedsnurse21
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Twice a day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephanieB2
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:11 PM
I've been testing 3 times a day now that I hope to O anyday. This is my first cycle so I'm playing it safe till I know how long my surge lasts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)