Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Test results

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:40 PM
  • 8 Replies

Can someone please help? I haven't been having periods since coming off the injection 6 months ago I recently went to the doctors and she told me even though I wasnt having periods I could still ovulate I've since done some tests and sometimes there has been no lines at all but today I did this test can someone please tell me if this in positive?? And how many days do I get to try and concieve?? X
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
TheyAreMyLoves
by Shantelle on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:43 PM

i'd say that the bottom one is REALLY close to positive if it isn't actually positive.
it's kind of hard to tell for sure from a picture unless it's blatantly obvious the line is darker. 

I would start BDing daily for the next 3-5 days and keep OPK testing.

blessedmommiie
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:45 PM
The second line has to b as dark or darker then first line to b considered positive.
Sammydrabble
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:50 PM
The lines are really close to the same colour I did them at 1.00pm today and that's what it showed... Do I just keep doing one everyday to see? My partner is away with work till Friday will that be too late by looking at the results? When I went to the doctor she told me to have sex 2-3 times a week and the sperm lives inside me for 5 days so if I am ovulating now and had sex on Sunday night... 3 days ago will there be a good chance the sperm will grab the egg?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Seximama23
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:54 PM
When the test line becomes darker than the test line.then its your peak. On opk show.the peak about 24 hours before you ovulate. So depending on when the second line gets darker or as.dark.as.the first line you may still be able to catch the egg
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheyAreMyLoves
by Shantelle on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:55 PM

if that lst one is 1pm i would do one later in the evening also. it could be your surge..which comes before you O. you generally have like 12-48 hours (correct me if i'm wrong ladies...i'm trying to remember) after you have a positive OPK to O.

The OPK doesn't test for ovulation...just the LH surge that happens BEFORE Ovulation.

sex 3 days ago could catch an egg if you O tomorrow...but if you don't O til friday or saturday you're probably going to need to BD each day to make sure you catch that egg. 

Sammydrabble
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:10 PM
It's hard to as we are only together fri evening sat and Sunday do hopefully it may happen for me soon!... I'll have to get him home and straight to bed haha!!... He works away most weeks which is a pain when we're trying for a baby!... So when the lines are as dark as each other then I'm coming up to ovulation is that what your saying? Xx
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheyAreMyLoves
by Shantelle on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:00 PM

yes..when the lines are equally dark or the test line is darker than the control line...you're going to O soon.

Good Luck!!!

Sammydrabble
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Thank you!!... Just hope it's when my partner is at hand! X
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)