• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Worried/confused

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:04 PM
  • 8 Replies
Me and my partner have been trying for a baby since October last year unfortunatly we've had no luck. I was on the injection before I met my partner then decided to come off it, I was off it for about a year before meeting my partner I had regular periods from the last time I was on it, when I got with my partner I went back onto the injection and was on that for about 8 months and then they moved me onto the micropill which I was on for about 5 months I've now been off them for almost 7 months and haven't had a period yet I've been to the doctors and they said I could still ovulate but Is this possible? I've don't ovulation kits and today I had 2 lines almost the same colour so what should I do? I've never had a baby before or even tried for one and I'm scared that for some reason I can't have them... Can anyone who is in the same situation or anyone who has advice please help? X
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
noodlebug18
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:07 PM
I suggest looking into herbs that aid on jump starting periods! Acupuncture has also been known to help so try that before getting to concerned :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sammydrabble
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:12 PM
I've looked on the Internet and was told to try Angus castus which is meant to help with periods but no luck my doctor told me not to take any kind of herbs as its not a way to concieve she said I could have polycystic ovarian syndrome but hasn't done tests or anything she said even if I have got that I can still get pregnant? Is that true?... Before I went on this lot of contraceptions I was fine when I came off my last lot and I was on that for about 3 years within a month I was having regular periods but now I want a baby I'm having nothing! I know there's nothing wrong with my partner as in his last relationship his ex gf got pregnant but unfortunatly she got rid... So its obviously me isn't it? X
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GwenMB
by Gwen on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:13 PM

It can take up to a year for bc to leave your body - and it can mess with your cycles until it does.

If you had an opk that's almost positive, I'd be BDing to make sure you don't miss the egg.  Keep testing to see when you do get the positive though.

It'd be a good idea for you to chart your temps & CM so you can see what is going on with your cycle.  Fertilityfriend.com is a good place to chart & has a good guide to get you started.  THe book Taking Charge of Your Fertility is a great guide, too.

As the PP said, it might also be beneficial to take some herbs that can get your cycle regulated.  I had good luck with Vitex & B6.  Other ladies have taken Maca or Fertility Blend for Women.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Quoting Sammydrabble:

I've looked on the Internet and was told to try Angus castus which is meant to help with periods but no luck my doctor told me not to take any kind of herbs as its not a way to concieve she said I could have polycystic ovarian syndrome but hasn't done tests or anything she said even if I have got that I can still get pregnant? Is that true?... Before I went on this lot of contraceptions I was fine when I came off my last lot and I was on that for about 3 years within a month I was having regular periods but now I want a baby I'm having nothing! I know there's nothing wrong with my partner as in his last relationship his ex gf got pregnant but unfortunatly she got rid... So its obviously me isn't it? X

Your doc may be saying that about herbs just because she doesn't like them or prefers the modern medicine way.  Someone here did say that herbs aren't good if you have PCOS, but I don't know enough about PCOS to know if that's right.  I'd probably insist on testing to see if you do have PCOS or what exactly is going on.  Your hormones could be all messed up from the bc.

Sammydrabble
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:17 PM
What do you mean check temps and cm? I'm new to this so don't know all the short speech...
The doctor says I can ovulate whenever it will be irregular with not having a period so there's no point in me keeping check on it is there? Might ovulate tomoro and not do it again for 6 months? X
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelly617
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:23 PM

This is why I refused birth control after the birth of my son....like a previous poster said it can take up to a year for the hormones to be completely out of your system and for your body to revert back to its "normal" state

BUT that being said..you can ovulate before you get a period...so technically you can get pregnant without ever having a period (it happens all the time after you have a baby)
You should try using the ovulation strips and try peeing on them twice a day..once in the morning once at night....I've heard that sometimes you can actually miss your "window" if you only test once a day

kelly617
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:24 PM

oh and FYI you should use an ovulation strip later in the evening...because thats when your ovulation hormones spike...not your first morning pee

Sammydrabble
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:28 PM

I have done a ovulation test today and this is what it showed??? Any suggestions on this? X
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)