Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could it be? Waiting to find out

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:24 PM
  • 16 Replies

Just need to get this off my chest....I'd love to hear people's replies and opinions on this, and just to share baby dust would be nice, but if not, at least I feel like I've gotten to talk about it, even if it is just typing it out in a forum.  

So I really have no one to discuss this with, yet so I joined a forum and am gonna spill it out here. I can't even discuss w/ the hubs cuz as much as I tell him, he is so dumb when it comes to women's issues that I don't want to say anything to him until I know for sure that either I'm pregnant, or got my period. I mean, I'm 5-6 days late and I don't even think he's noticed yet. 

Anyway, my deal is that I do not test for my ovulation. I felt it would add too much stress of trying to make sure the hubs and I were having sex on the right days, that I just wanted to start winging it. I have a general idea of when I ovulate, but I could be wrong.

Late - in the past I've been very irregular, but since Sept 2011, so about 7 mo, I've actually been fairly regular at 30-31 day cycles. Never more or less. I am currently on day 37 w/ no period yet! So I don't know whether I consider myself late, or if something changed in my body to cause my cycle to be off this month. As stated, since I don't know when I ovulated, I don't know if I'm technically late or not.

Constipated - I've been having slight constipation on and off. Not badly, and not to sound gross, but basically, I know I have to go. I know it's in there. But I don't have the urge to go. If I try to force it when I don't have the urge, then nothing really comes out. Eventually I'll get the urge and I'll go, but then I get that same constipation again later on that day or the following day, and it's been happening for a few days now.

Fatigue - I've been feeling a little more tired lately. At some points, I'm not getting as much sleep as I'd like because my mind is racing w/ thoughts of pregnancy and its keeping me up, but even in past situations where I've gotten little sleep, I haven't been as exhausted as I have been lately.

Cramps - today was the first day I felt anything. In the morning for a 5-10 min period, I felt very slight cramps. I got really annoyed cuz I just thought that's it, it's over, my periods coming. Because they were very much like menstrual cramps, but then they only lasted those few minutes, and also they were not as strong or as painful as menstrual cramps. So they went away, and haven't returned. 

Heightened sensitivity in my vaginal area - A few days ago, I noticed just from wiping that I felt more sensitive down there. Of course I went online and read about how that happens in pregnancy because of increased blood flow to the vagina. So that got me really excited. Well it was only for about a day and 1/2, and I haven't noticed the heightened sensitivity since then, so I feel like it's gone away. 

My concern is I haven't had any other symptoms besides these. No heightened sense of smell, no swollen or tender breasts, no aversions to smells or food, no darkened areolas, nothing. I suffer from back pain on and off, so if I do have pain, it may not necessarily be from a possible pregnancy. Maybe I've been peeing more often, but I do tend to drink a lot of liquid, so I haven't really noticed since I pee a lot anyway. And it's possible that anything I do feel could just be PMS, but going on my late period, I am really feeling now more than ever before this could finally be it. So, maybe thats another thing - intuition. I've been late before and have thought in the past that "this was it" but I've never felt so strongly as I do now that this is actually it! 

So I don't want to take an HPT yet. If I test too early, and it's negative, I will be totally disappointed, but I'll still have that little glimmer of hope that it is too early to tell, and maybe it's a false negative. Then I get my period, and I just end up crying about another month TTC gone. But if I wait on it, and it's negative, it's easier to cope with, because it'll be more accurate, and I can more easily accept it, move on, and try again next mo. And if I am pregnant, the later I wait to test, should hopefully ensure I do get the positive. 

So I am waiting another 2 or 3 days before I test, if I don't get my period first. This waiting though is a killer! I need lots of luck and baby dust! I just want to test now, but it's 8:05pm. If I do cave in early, it would be tomorrow w/ my FMU, but that's still hours away! Ugh. Craziness going on in my brain!
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Firemanswife723
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:51 PM

I know how you're feeling! It sucks AF and pregnancy symptoms are soooo similar!! Remember, every woman and pregnancy are different. Don't worry about what you are NOT experiencing! I've been pg twice, both lost unfortunately and neither pg was the same!! One my breasts were so sore, DH would look at them wrong and they KILLED!! lol the other, they were totally fine. It's crazy!!

GL to you, and if you do test tomorrow I hope to see an update and BFP!! Baby Dust!!

TTC2Long
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:56 PM
Honestly, I didn't have any symptoms until 6ish weeks. I have an irregular cycle, too and when I was TTC ds, it was 27-31 days. I tested on day 29 because I was sick and wanted to take theraflu. The only sign I had was that morning I woke up on my stomach and, with my full morning baldder, felt an extra pressure in my low abdomen.

So I say test tomorrow morning! If 37 days is way outside your normal range, you would probably have a bfp by now. GL! Update this post after you test!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jackieb2811
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:05 PM

With my twins I didn't even find out until 8ish weeks and by then I had had symptoms for 2 weeks before but did not think anything of it!

With my last pregnancy before our loss I knew and found out at about 4 weeks. So I guess I for me and my body I do not recognize or have any signs until 4 weeks. I want and hope when I can test on the 30th I get a positive but if not I will just wait another week or so before testing again!

FirstLadyJen
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Ahhhh...I didn't test today.  This time is so different for me.  There have been times in the past where I've thought this was it.  And obviously it never was.  This time it just feels so different like I actually feel like this is really it, and I feel it now so much more stronger than I ever have in the past.  You'd think I'd be running to test, but it's actually making me more scared to test, because I'm afraid of the BFN.  Like, I actually get butterflies in my stomach everytime I think about I might actually be pregnant, and I never got butterflies when I thought I was in the past.  

Plus the little subtle things I've been feeling, that could be pregnancy.  Still no period today, and I've actually been feeling slight nausea today.  On and off, and it's so slight, and lasts for only a few seconds each time, so I'm like wait...am I nauseus or not?! LOL  

I'm probably going to test tomorrow morning...unless I get scared again!!  Then it'll have to wait for the weekend.  Chances are if I am preggers then any time of day pee should work, just I'd feel better using my FMU.  I mean, if I don't get my period I'm going to have to test at some point, and just deal w/ the results.  I just want to deal w/ the right results!  

Anyway, I talked a little about it w/ a co-worker today who is also trying, which was nice I got to get some stuff of my chest.  And actually my hubby asked me about it today, but then he didn't want to talk about it.  He noticed there weren't any feminine product wrappers in the garbage, and asked if I was late.  So I fessed up, but told him I don't know anything as I haven't tested yet.  I wanted to tell him all about what I've been experiencing, but he didn't want me to talk about it, because he was afraid that talking about it would jinx it!  GAHHHHH!!!  Damn I needed someone to talk to and he shut me down!  I totally understand where he's coming from, cuz he wants this just as bad as I do.  But I need to get this off my chest and the more I keep it bottled in I am going to explode!  

cdjmommy
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

TEST!!!!! Because you are KILLING ME!!! LOL!! no dont test til you are ready, but like you said if AF doesnt show you'll have to test anyway. I am a POASA so it took 8 tests plus a digi for me to believe it. But I reall hope this is it for you!! Keep us posted!!!

RyansMommie07
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:41 PM

good luck!!!baby dust

Ilovebnamommy08
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:20 PM

I was doing the same thing I have been having regular cycles since Sept 2011 and haven't had a cycle since March so I hear ya :) BABY DUST and hope this is it for ya girl Keep us posted :)

bebe42081
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:33 PM
All of your symptoms seem promising to me!! Especially the late thing lol :) I hope we get a happy update tomorrow but only of you're ready! GL, FX, &&& TONS of BABY DUST :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KRE1234
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:42 PM

good luck!! keep us updated!! baby dust coming your way!!

fitmama13
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I say test, I hope this is it for you!! GL, can't wait to hear the results. I love that you kind of just feel it. I always had that "I just know it" feeling early with all my pregnancies. :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)