• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

progesterone levels

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:36 PM
  • 20 Replies

I went to the doctor on monday for my 23 day check up with clomid. It was my fourth round and they wanted to check everything. They called me today saying my levels were at a 30.2. She said that was good. So I want to know what is normal or is there a normal?  Thanks ladies!

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dani1009
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:30 PM
I believe anything from 11 and up means you ovulated. Clomid can increase progesterone levels, so its no surprise to see levels like yours. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skmehlebam
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:02 AM
Not true. Those of us with low progesterone did in fact ovulate but may have levels under 11. My levels at 10 dpo with this pregnancy was 8.7. I was then put on progesterone suppositories and without them would have lost another baby due to the low progesterone.

Dr want to see levels above 15 on clomid cycles.

Quoting Dani1009:

I believe anything from 11 and up means you ovulated. Clomid can increase progesterone levels, so its no surprise to see levels like yours. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:10 AM

<1.5 is pre-ovulatory/follicular phase

1.5-1.8 is ovulatory

2-28 is post-ovulatory/luteal phase (<10 by 7 dpo)

>30 can indicate pregnancy (unless ovulation stimulant was used)

9-47 is 1st trimester levels

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Anything >2 indicates you ovulated......however Dr's like to see >10 to sustain a pregnancy! My levels at 5 wks with my daughter was 6.5 so I had to start progesterone suppositories since I started spotting. I was labeled a 'threatened miscarriage' until 10 wks when my levels were above 50 

Quoting skmehlebam:

Not true. Those of us with low progesterone did in fact ovulate but may have levels under 11. My levels at 10 dpo with this pregnancy was 8.7. I was then put on progesterone suppositories and without them would have lost another baby due to the low progesterone.

Quoting Dani1009:

kagdwg09
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:39 AM
Wow thanks for giving me hope ladies!!! It means a lot! My first round 50 mg my levels were 8.7. my second round they bumped me to 100 mg and my levels jumped to 22. Third round didnt test and now im just waiting!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skmehlebam
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Mkay....

I'm pregnant with my 4th baby now. I never had low progesterone issues with my prior 3 pregnancies. I diagnosed and treated myself with progesterone cream since one of the ob's said due to my low progesterone that I wasn't O'ing at all. I knew I was O'ing because I am a temper and Ive been temping since 2007 off and on while I"m ttc (which I got pregnant on the first try with my first 3 kids) and I'm a pro at it and knowing my body..... I then changed ob's and then had the new OB put me on the suppositories at 10dpo, the day after I got my bfp. I'm 19 weeks now :D

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Anything >2 indicates you ovulated......however Dr's like to see >10 to sustain a pregnancy! My levels at 5 wks with my daughter was 6.5 so I had to start progesterone suppositories since I started spotting. I was labeled a 'threatened miscarriage' until 10 wks when my levels were above 50 

Quoting skmehlebam:

Quoting Dani1009:

BabyFruit Tickerpregnant

DMSantana1
by Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:23 AM

anything above an 8  is good I know someone who got pregnant with a 8

kagdwg09
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Thanks!!

Quoting DMSantana1:

anything above an 8  is good I know someone who got pregnant with a 8

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:47 PM

LOL okay.......idk if this response was directed to me or not, if it was to me I dont know why you seem defensive, seeings I basicly just agreed with you :(

Also, know that women with low progesterone rarely see a temp elevation on BBT (or much of one) after ovulation, since progesterone itself is what is responsible for the temp rise. For in the future if you are TTC again.

I never had low progesterone with my 1st or 2nd but I did with my 3rd, once you have it its more common to have it again but it doesn't mean you had to have had it with previous pregnancies at all. Its probably a good thing you started the progesterone cream though because a level of 8 would be considered a 'threatened miscarriage'!!! The good thing is that once the placenta takes over progesterone production around 9-11 wks most low progesterone issues correct themselves, its just a matter of making it that far first.

I am very glad to hear you are now 19 wks & have a healthy baby!!! My baby girl is 10.5m old now so having a healthy pregnancy with low progesterone is VERY possible.

Quoting skmehlebam:

Mkay....

I'm pregnant with my 4th baby now. I never had low progesterone issues with my prior 3 pregnancies. I diagnosed and treated myself with progesterone cream since one of the ob's said due to my low progesterone that I wasn't O'ing at all. I knew I was O'ing because I am a temper and Ive been temping since 2007 off and on while I"m ttc (which I got pregnant on the first try with my first 3 kids) and I'm a pro at it and knowing my body..... I then changed ob's and then had the new OB put me on the suppositories at 10dpo, the day after I got my bfp. I'm 19 weeks now :D

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Quoting skmehlebam:

Quoting Dani1009:

skmehlebam
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Hope the third time is a charm and you get your bfp this cycle!!!!!

Quoting kagdwg09:

Wow thanks for giving me hope ladies!!! It means a lot! My first round 50 mg my levels were 8.7. my second round they bumped me to 100 mg and my levels jumped to 22. Third round didnt test and now im just waiting!

BabyFruit Tickerpregnant

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)