Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to TTC?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:37 PM
  • 0 Replies

I was asked if there was a way I could share this with others so here you go@ :D

First off welcome to the group! If you have been trying less than a year try not to get too discouraged yet most couples will conceive within the first year of trying, you have something like a 90% chance within the first year of starting to ttc. Also many people think that "trying" every day will up their chances of getting pregnant, trying everyday can actually hurt your chances, you have to give him some time to rebuild his stock of swimmers, the suggestion is that you baby dance (BD) every other night to give him a chance of making some good ones. Typically women ovulate around two weeks after their period starts, but it depends on your cycle. The best advice I can give you is to buy some ovulation predictor tests also known as OPKS the digital ones are best since you don't have to learn how to read them they just smile at you when you are getting ready to Ovulate. My doctor recommended I start testing around the 10th day of my cycle (first day of your period counting as day number 1) until you get your positive, then stop testing. Baby dancing every other day, then when you get your positive you bd on that day and the next then skip a night and try one more time. After your positive test (OPK) we count them as dpo or days past ovulation most women will not get a positive test until around 10dpo and it is suggested that you dont try testing until your period is missed, just in case you get a false negative. Also you can try temping, for this all you need is a thermometer by your bed and some way of charting, you can do this by finding apps for your phone or I personally love www.fertilityfriend.com to learn more about charting I suggest you pick up the book called Taking Charge of Your Fertility you will seriously learn so much from it, or change your life. But seriously go get the book! Not only does it talk about temperature charting but it also talks about getting to know your body and when it is the most fertile! I hope that some of these suggestions were helpful if you have any other questions please feel free to send me a message I'd be more than willing to help you out! Lots of luck and baby dust to you! :D

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)