Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Old Wives Tale...

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:21 AM
  • 11 Replies

Goodmorning ladies.  Well, last night I was laying in bed and I was thinking about all these old wise tales.  So, which crazy wives tale or even an idea someone has given you to help you ttc or get a BFP???

The one I was thinking about was standing on your head after you and your SO bd so they little swimmers will get to the eggy faster :)

Anyone else have a crazy wives tale or "advice" someone gave them :)  Figured this would be fun and funny :)  

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wintersdawn
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Wives* tale. but I don't really have any sorry :) 

1amazingfamily
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:44 AM

I'm still sleepy thanks for the correction! :)

Quoting Wintersdawn:

Wives* tale. but I don't really have any sorry :) 

Wintersdawn
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Youre welcome! :) I wwish some of the crazy stuff worked tho cuz  would sooo do it lol

pryn4amiracle
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:18 AM

I've heard the same thing, and it's actually true, but Drs say you don't have to do that, it's enough if you prop up your butt with pillows :-P

AmesGirl
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I would stand on my head if it would work!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma2010
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:50 PM

darn. i cant stand on my head. not sure if this is a wives tale or not but someone in my natural parenting group said to try dark chocolate every day. bought to go buy me some yummy chocolate!!!

madisonsmom2005
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:54 PM

I tried the standing on the head thing just because I had nothing to lose. It didn't work. LOL The things I've heard are simple. For example someone told me to eat leafy greens. I always eat those and it doesn't work.

~Jen~ Group Owner of Bringing Birth Home.    http://www.cafemom.com/group/116103                                     

I am a home birthing, breastfeeding, midwife using, cloth diapering, delayed cord cutting, natural birthing type of mama!!

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:51 PM

I haven't really heard any that arn't true...........the standing on your head is just defying the laws of gravity, it isn't a garantee but it definitely doesn't hurt. I have also heard orgasm helps but again thats just fact, the muscle contractions from orgasm help move the sperm through the cervix & up through the uterus. Also heard having sex during a new moon helps but again thats true, less gravitational pull during new moon.

All things that arn't a for sure but they help LOL!!!

shortycmlb
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 6:38 AM

My MIL said to visit a psychic/bruja (witch) if it took longer than a year to see if anyone had cursed us/ given us the evil eye (when someone envys you and looks at you too long). 

It sounds kooky but alot of the times it WORKS. My SIL tried for FIVE years and went to a witch dr. in Mexico and 1 month later she got pregnant. My other SIL tried for a year, did the same, and again, 1 month later she got pregnant. Same goes for countless of dh's aunts, uncles and cousins. IDK why but it works. If I don't get knocked up soon were going to Mexico for a weekend! lol

feralkitten
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 6:46 AM

dark chocolates goes iron in it i dono if it anything to do with that but i know that's true as a dr told me when i was anemic to eat as much as i wanted lol  and a hormone call serotonin it the brains happy drug it why when you upset chocolate always makes you feel better  and  it why they gave it to harry potter in the films lol

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

darn. i cant stand on my head. not sure if this is a wives tale or not but someone in my natural parenting group said to try dark chocolate every day. bought to go buy me some yummy chocolate!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured