Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Swaying for a girl!

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:05 PM
  • 2 Replies

Okay girls, got my positive OPK this afternoon! DH and I have been BD every other night since AF and we didn't baby dance last night, we did on Wednesday though. I am comtemplating BD tonight, since I got my positive OPK---we are swaying for a girl and it says to BD 2-4 days BEFORE ovulation. It could be anywhere from 12-36 hours that I ovulate so I am a little scared to BD tonight and it be too close to O for a boy....not that I don't want a boy lol I want a healthy baby but have been trying so hard to diet for a girl! HELP! Any suggestions?

Also, I have been having some "light" period cramps and am wondering if I am Oing or already Oed??? Is it possible? Got a negative OPK this morning and yesterday....so is it possible to O before you get a positive OPK?

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Quoting slittlefield920:

Okay girls, got my positive OPK this afternoon! DH and I have been BD every other night since AF and we didn't baby dance last night, we did on Wednesday though. I am comtemplating BD tonight, since I got my positive OPK---we are swaying for a girl and it says to BD 2-4 days BEFORE ovulation. It could be anywhere from 12-36 hours that I ovulate so I am a little scared to BD tonight and it be too close to O for a boy....not that I don't want a boy lol I want a healthy baby but have been trying so hard to diet for a girl! HELP! Any suggestions?

Also, I have been having some "light" period cramps and am wondering if I am Oing or already Oed??? Is it possible? Got a negative OPK this morning and yesterday....so is it possible to O before you get a positive OPK?

Nothing wrong with trying for a certain sex but if you have been TTC as long as I have you take what the good Lord gives(not knocking you at all just saying on my part). I use to look up the samethings as you are as what to eat, when to have sex and what not to try just to  get a boy. As far as the cramps go I cramp when I am Oing. You probably should test 2xs a day to make sure your not missing it in the afternoons. GL and I hope you get a BFP soon and it will be a baby girl =) baby girl

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I usually have ovulation pains for about 24 hrs & once I have actually ovulated they stop...........so your cramps/twinges now make total sense, likely means you are about to ovulate (within 24 hrs)!

I already gave you my personal response in your message to me, however like I said, I conceived my daughter the morning before ovulation, so anything is possible, I conceived both my boys the day OF ovulation. Just make sure to BD during the day if its closer than 2 days before so gravity will give the female sperm the advantage, meaning if you haven't BD already today I wouldn't recommend it (since its 11pm, well here anyways)!!!

Female sperm will live somewhere between 3-5 days on average (male sperm only 1-2 days mostly) so you could be fine already if you O in the shorter part of the 12-36 hrs after +OPK!

GL hun

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN