Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

chart...help?

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:45 PM
  • 5 Replies

I am so confused on how this works lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MrsParsons11
by Nicole on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:02 PM
A chart will help u dertime how long ur cycles are, how long ur lp is and if/when u ovulate. This information is useful when trying to conceive to see if ur bedding at the right time, if ur ovulating and to see if there is anything wrong with ur lp. Such as a lpd. Once a month is completed look at it and see if u od. Also look to see how long ur lp is. If its shorter then 10 days u may have a lpd. Good luck! HTH!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Seximama23
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Ok thanks.i guess I will learn to read it better lol

Quoting MrsParsons11:

A chart will help u dertime how long ur cycles are, how long ur lp is and if/when u ovulate. This information is useful when trying to conceive to see if ur bedding at the right time, if ur ovulating and to see if there is anything wrong with ur lp. Such as a lpd. Once a month is completed look at it and see if u od. Also look to see how long ur lp is. If its shorter then 10 days u may have a lpd. Good luck! HTH!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this

a chart is good for many things, as MrsParsons11 previously stated. It helps give you an idea of what your 'normal' is, how long your cycles are, when you typically ovulate, if you in fact ovulate, how long your luteal phase it, what your cp/cm do during the course of your cycle etc etc!!!

Your AF temps are typically your lowest (lowest levels of progesterone in the system), then after ovulation you will notice a temperature rise of 0.3 degrees or more, over all your previous follicular phase temps (or at least the previous 6 days), then if temps stay elevated through the luteal phase it can give some indication as to if you may have become pregnant, if you see a sudden temperature drop in the LP then it can allow you to predict AFs arrival too (which is nice). Also, if you experience a 2nd temperature elevation of 0.3 degrees or more around 9-10 dpo that remains over the previous postO temps it can indicate pregnancy by making your chart 'triphasic' (although it isn't a forsure)!

Making sure you temp after at least 3-4 straight hours of sleep is important, also making sure you temp at nearly the same time everyday (or within an hr) is also helpful in getting an accurate temp. Also making sure you temp before rise, immediately after waking up is important as movement with start to rise your temp (almost immediately)!!!

BBT can be confusing, especially for those with irregular cycles............its a 'practice makes perfect' skill LOL!

Seximama23
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:47 PM
Thank you so much. My cycles have been so.screwy from.July to Dec last year I bled. Then Jan to.Feb was a 26 day cycle then i.missed march altogether. So this is my second cycle this year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sm12
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:49 PM

You've got two good responses but  I would like to suggest a book called Taking Charge of your Fertility by Toni Weschler!  Personally I think it is the best book  ever written about a woman's body and goes into great detail about your cycle, how to temp, how to check your cervical position (cp), cervical mucus (cm) and so much more. Definitely worth getting a copy, you might want to check half price books too.  Good Luck and feel free to ask any questions. Everyone here is  very helpful!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN