Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Maybe a crazy idea?

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:41 PM
  • 14 Replies

Ok so I have thought long and hard about this and no saying mean or rude things. If you dont agree you can post but dont be mean plz. Anyway I figured if me and DH can not have a baby due to his seman not getting any better and IVF fails I thought about adopting eggs and sperm from people who look close to what we look like. I can not bare the thought nor can DH of using my eggs and someone elses sperm or using his sperm and someone elses eggs. I figure if we go this route it would be about the same as adoption but I would get to experience pregnancy and labor and have our baby. As far as adoption the birth month would have so much time to say no I change my mind I am keeping the baby and the way I am going to do it no one could take him/her from us. . We are going to try IVF as much as we can before doing something like this but the idea popped in my head last night. Just a thought for now. confused

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TTCbby1
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:44 PM

I think thatd be a great idea! I would totally want to expierence a pregnancy even if its not mine or dh items..Great idea! but hopefully you dont have to go that far GL!

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Trying to Conceive Ticker
zanana
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:46 PM
Thats actually a really good idea. DH and I havent really discussed if he cant have them.
We have decided that if something happened to him and he passed away i was to get his sperm and artifically inseminate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by Gina on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Go for it! Whatever works for you. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amiehart62
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Embryo adoption...they have a FB page! Google it!! It's an amazing opportunity to be pregnant with you adopted child
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:02 AM

I forgot you can google anything lol

LovinMyBoys0509
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:04 AM
I think that is a really great idea! It's never crossed my mind for people to do it that way. If all else fails, I'd say its the next best thing and that you should definietly go for it. Best of luck to you and DH!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Ty all very much. I hope of course our next IVF cycle works but if all else fails this would be a good way to be able to experience everything.

DaphneSmith
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this
A girl I know did that, had twins and one looks like her and one looks like her dh! Lol I think it is a great idea. There is nothing wrong with.adoption but if you can have the whole pregnancy experience I would recommend it. Maybe this will be your month to just bfp but if not I think its a great idea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:02 PM
That would be awesome having 2 and one looking like you and the other like dh. Thanks for sharing this wonderful story.

Quoting DaphneSmith:

A girl I know did that, had twins and one looks like her and one looks like her dh! Lol I think it is a great idea. There is nothing wrong with.adoption but if you can have the whole pregnancy experience I would recommend it. Maybe this will be your month to just bfp but if not I think its a great idea.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama-smurf
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:06 PM
I don't think it would work. Its a good idea to find people with same features BUT what if the baby takes features of relatives back back back generations and looks nothing like you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured