Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Ok so I have thought long and hard about this and no saying mean or rude things. If you dont agree you can post but dont be mean plz. Anyway I figured if me and DH can not have a baby due to his seman not getting any better and IVF fails I thought about adopting eggs and sperm from people who look close to what we look like. I can not bare the thought nor can DH of using my eggs and someone elses sperm or using his sperm and someone elses eggs. I figure if we go this route it would be about the same as adoption but I would get to experience pregnancy and labor and have our baby. As far as adoption the birth month would have so much time to say no I change my mind I am keeping the baby and the way I am going to do it no one could take him/her from us. . We are going to try IVF as much as we can before doing something like this but the idea popped in my head last night. Just a thought for now. confused

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:41 PM
Replies (11-14):
bebe42081
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it's a wonderful idea! I can understand why you wouldn't want to use one without the other. & even IF the baby doesn't end up looking too much like either of you I don't think that's a big deal at all. All that would matter was you both got to experience the whole thing together & didn't have to miss out on anything!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:54 PM
If they look nothing like me then they just will not but not much difference than adopting a baby from a home expect the way I'm going I get to experience pregnancy and the baby is mine no mother to step in and say give me my baby back.

Quoting mama-smurf:

I don't think it would work. Its a good idea to find people with same features BUT what if the baby takes features of relatives back back back generations and looks nothing like you?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tanzi.farhan
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:01 PM

truly liked ur idea...go for it ...and those who are mean..they would remain always....yours or mine advice can't change them so good

hypnautica
by Jennifer on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Ty everyone for your honest opinions
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN