Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Has anyone had a "Threatened Miscarriage"?

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:41 PM
  • 11 Replies

yesterday afternoon I started bleeding, a bit more than spotting but less than a period and I passed about 2 or 3 clots the size of maybe a pea. I called my ob's after hours nurse and was advised to go to the ER.

After 4 and a half hours, blood and urin test, ultrasounds and a pelvic exam the doctor said that my cirvix was still closed and intacted but the bleeding and light cramping were due to a threatened miscarriage.

I was and still am in shock. I was supposed to have our first ultrasound Thursday and hear the heartbeat then (I hate that they turned the screen at the hospital so I could see nothing!) but now I'm supposed to go in Monday.

The bleeding stopped totally late last night/this morning so does that mean the danger is most likely over? what happend. anyone???

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hurst0three
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:44 PM
I had a threatened miscarriage with our daughter. I started lightly spotting from week 9-11. They did u/s galore and found baby was ok. They thought my bleeding was due more likely to all my extra female hormones I had going on. Our daughter is now almost 2 yrs old and healthy and as happy as can be. No stress and take it as easy as you can! Positive thoughts and lots of prayers helped me get through it :)
.bombshell.
by Melinda on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:49 PM
I did, my story didn't end well tho. /':
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maria_Peanut
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:59 AM
I did. She's 4 months old now and right here nursing :) We never found out why i was bleeding. Good luck !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissy852
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:03 AM
i did ds is 5 months old now and i am pregnant with another due december
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jrobertson20
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:14 AM

I did with both pregnancies due to spotting through my first trimester.  Both were due to subchorionic hematomas.  They didn't tell me with DD until around 11 weeks that's what it was so I would ask if they see that at your next ultrasound.  DD is now a VERY busy 17 month old and I'm not 13 weeks 3 days with this pregnancy.  Good luck and I hope your next appointment goes good.

1parkwood
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:18 AM

I had one twice due to a subchorionic hemmorhage.  Did they diagnose you with anything it sounds like that is what you have.  I had huge bleeding episode where I passed big clots and lots of bright red blood. Anyway, I am pregnant now at 20 weeks.  I had threatened miscarriages at 6.5 weeks and at 11 weeks.  I haven't had bleeding in 9 weeks and everything looks good now.  Just keep your feet up a much as possible and drink lots of water.  The water will prevent your uterus from contracting.  How far along are you?  

november117
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:52 AM
I had one buy mine didn't turn out well. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peytonsmommy310
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:57 AM
I did! My baby is now a healthy 2year old boy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arab.love.19
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:38 PM

how far along r u?

arigdon4
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Quoting arab.love.19:

how far along r u?

6w2d. the ER doc did say there was a good fetal heartbeat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN